Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is this stunning original alfa giulia sprint gt 1964 ( 105.02), in grafite grey ( ar 716) with grey skay/cloth interior. Manufactured on 9/7 1964 and delivered on 2/10 to Ferrara Italy.
Never restored, it has only been professionally painted on outside last year in correct colour. All paintwork inside is still original and in extremely good condition. The original engine has been fully rebuild with high quality parts and just covered 1000 km, Dunlop brakes have been rebuild as well and work perfect. This very early car has all the unique correct specifications . Interior is in very nice condition besides new correct carpet all original.. All chrome work is either new or in fantastic condition. The car needs nothing but to be enjoyed. This is a real opportunity to acquire an unmolest, rust free and not upgraded to GTA look alike original car.
Car is in Europe, asking €37.500

regards

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ciao! Congrats on your beautiful Sprint gt.
Love them.....would you be interested in parcial trade?
If interested contact me via Private mail.
Thanks much.

·
Premium Member
16,450 Posts
Wow, brings back memories of my first Alfa. This one even has those great seats I really liked, with the cloth inserts. Mine were two tone blue, in the first red painted Sprint GT made, 6th car overall.

Does this one also have the original tach with no redline on it like the first ones? I do notice that at first glance this car doesn't appear to have the original single piece chromed bumpers (do I see the joints at the corners of the rear bumper?), but the later multipiece stainless ones. Is that correct? Could be wrong. If so, apologies, don't mean to bad mouth this beautiful car. If absolutely stock, it will have those awful lower inboard front suspension bushings, which would tend to freeze up in my car. So difficult to lube.

I'd buy it in a sec if I weren't married, lol. Congratulations on such a perfect car.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
A benchmark Sprint GT, and not at all expensive - maybe even cheap. Good luck with the sale, I am sure you will not be short of enquiries.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Please post up more detail pictures. Your car is beautiful.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
If the car really is original in all details, would you mind taking a photo of the door rain seal at the rear of the doors? I want to find out if the shaped metal bracket was originally black or painted the same colour as the body. Similarly, are the door hinge screws painted or are they a natural metal finish, e.g. zinc etc? Finally, does the car have the FIAMM horns and could you post a photo of them? I am restoring a pair and it has been difficult to match the colour. I would be very grateful to see these photos. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
door seal bracket on B post is black, hinges and screws are painted in car colour. I will post pictures later, will check for horns as well.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Is this the car you bought from Hans ten Hagen?
I was too late acquiring this one.

·
Premium Member
16,450 Posts
"this is really an extremely Original car."

I absolutely believe you, and am drooling all over my computer as I type this, sigh.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
so nice to see such a very clean early GT sprint!
This early dash is just such a wonderful pure design, before they started cluttering it up.

Any nice photos of the underneath and the engine compartment you'd care to share with us?

·
Premium Member
16,450 Posts
To my mind, this is maybe the best looking Alfa design since WWII. Can't think of another design which was so clean and balanced in it's shape. I would absolutely cry if someone were to mess with this so original museum piece.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am seriously looking into selling some stock for this car. I had one years ago and it was the biggest mistake ever letting it go... This one does appear perfect where mine was an "8" . Just beautiful!

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Buy this car-

And don't molest it! Can't be many left like this. Pending more pictures seems like a fair price even at full asking. If I might ask what mileage is showing? Also perhaps are the original rubber heel mats in place? Again, very nice car, good luck with the sale and to the new owner!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Wow, rare early bonnet strut, orig Dunlop brakes, super cool factory rubber floor mats, all hose clamps are still the romablok. What a great car, thanks for sharing. Good luck with the sale.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts