Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
>I am interested in some help regarding a 1964 Alfa Romeo 2600 chassis number AR852075 This car is RHD and was originally sold via Chipstead Motors in London on 19th June 1964 - we are in the process of restoring/documenting the car. There is however some debate regarding the interior specification.
> The owner bought it in Barcelona some years ago in a very poor condition/state and has undertaken an extensive restoration back to its original colour - a beautiful graphite grey ( AR 716 ) - and spec etc.
> The debate is regarding the interior and seat colours - when he bought the car the seats were two tone - cream seat and back swabs with
> grey wide centre panels - but there is a question as to whether this was original or the seats were just one colour when leaving the factory.
> Photo's of other similar cars of the period show single colours.
> Alfa Romeo storico have been some help but have not been able to give a definitive answer as to whether the seats were one or two tone - obviously the chap wishes to get it as correct as possible.
> The chassis number is AR 852075 but we do not have to 1964 UK registration number.
> I have tried to find Chipstead Motors but don't think the exist anymore ?
>

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi Paul,

This question was already raised here:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/1900-2000-2600-1950-1968/324713-2600-spider-rhd-2-colours-interior.html

No conclusion was reached. This post and the one embedded in it contains interesting information about the details of re-trimming seats.

I imagine black leather or black vinyl were the likely choices for Graphite Grey.

Do post a pic when it's done. My RHD car AR 852078 was also Graphite Grey but it's red now. I thought about changing back to grey but haven't got round to it as yet as am still dealing with mechanical items.

Happy Christmas!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most 2600 Spiders especially the exports had black interior.
Tony Paglia

>I am interested in some help regarding a 1964 Alfa Romeo 2600 chassis number AR852075 This car is RHD and was originally sold via Chipstead Motors in London on 19th June 1964 - we are in the process of restoring/documenting the car. There is however some debate regarding the interior specification.
> The owner bought it in Barcelona some years ago in a very poor condition/state and has undertaken an extensive restoration back to its original colour - a beautiful graphite grey ( AR 716 ) - and spec etc.
> The debate is regarding the interior and seat colours - when he bought the car the seats were two tone - cream seat and back swabs with
> grey wide centre panels - but there is a question as to whether this was original or the seats were just one colour when leaving the factory.
> Photo's of other similar cars of the period show single colours.
> Alfa Romeo storico have been some help but have not been able to give a definitive answer as to whether the seats were one or two tone - obviously the chap wishes to get it as correct as possible.
> The chassis number is AR 852075 but we do not have to 1964 UK registration number.
> I have tried to find Chipstead Motors but don't think the exist anymore ?
>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts