Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Searching for pictures or referrals to anyone who might be able to assist me in obtaining pictures from the races below held at Monza in 1963.
I was able to purchase many pictures from Actualfoto in Italy of my car racing at many races between 1961 and 1963 but not these particular races which are important to my cars history.

Coppa Intereuropa GT 2.0 on August 9, 1963
Coppa D’Autunno GT 2.5 on September 22, 1963

Thanking you in advance for any assistance,
Victor

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hi Victor

You are embarking on the same trip that I took maybe 15 years ago.....

Actualfoto is a wonderful resource and many of my collection came from them, however, there are other foto agencies around too. Also, many photographers of other nationalities archives should be explored, eg Maurice Louche.

The races you mention do not appear to be major international events making your quest more difficult.
However, I recommend period magazine articles as a useful source of these 'minor' events. All need to be explored.

The appendices of book 2 of Wimpffen's epic work "Time and Two Seats" is useful in tracking cars and drivers and much else.

In addition, there are web sites that are more focussed on historical research that offer great support.

However, my biggest break - a single foto - was through another route! I asked for info on my specific Alfa, with model/type identified, and a British reader replied he had attended a single event in Italy in 1964 and had one color foto of my racer in question.... Whoa, that closeup opened many doors....

Richard

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Victor

You are embarking on the same trip that I took maybe 15 years ago.....

Actualfoto is a wonderful resource and many of my collection came from them, however, there are other foto agencies around too. Also, many photographers of other nationalities archives should be explored, eg Maurice Louche.

The races you mention do not appear to be major international events making your quest more difficult.
However, I recommend period magazine articles as a useful source of these 'minor' events. All need to be explored.

The appendices of book 2 of Wimpffen's epic work "Time and Two Seats" is useful in tracking cars and drivers and much else.

In addition, there are web sites that are more focussed on historical research that offer great support.

However, my biggest break - a single foto - was through another route! I asked for info on my specific Alfa, with model/type identified, and a British reader replied he had attended a single event in Italy in 1964 and had one color foto of my racer in question.... Whoa, that closeup opened many doors....

Richard
Richard,
Your information is very helpful. Any referrals to websites you used would be great. I will also look for that book and some magazines.
I did already ask Maurice and no luck. There is a good picture of my car at one of these races in the book Zagato Seventy Years In The Fast Lane on page 149 and appears to be # 224. However the license plate number is a little fuzzy but I can make out at least 3 or 4 of the numbers. I did ask the publisher and they said they had no record of the photographer. I will keep searching and hopefully someone will answer me with positive news :)
Have a wonderful weekend,
Victor

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Richard,
I have a 1961 SZ Coda Tronca # 173 that was first owned and raced by Emilio Zagato and his team.
Pictures of the book that I referred to and the page where my car appears to be from the race I need pictures of are attached. Of course any more pictures or information would be great too:)
Thank you
Victor

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts