Alfa Romeo Forums banner
221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Thanks for the photo. I would certainly contribute a share of the 3D printing costs if anyone has the ability to tackle the project.
Bill

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Interesting. It looks like Alfa solved the problem of the broken coat hooks by deleting them in the later series cars, including my 1971.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
On to further disassembly, nearly everything is out, just a few windows left. I will ask the painter to do the doors as well.
I pray that someone has a wiring diagram (in English) , as I ended up pulling the original one. It needs a bit of attention but luckily nothing major.
Actually getting excited at this point, re-assembly should be much more fun! And I have come to terms that I have missed out on this summer season anyway, so I can spend the entire winter putting her back together the right way!

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
I will have a look at the original usermanuals I have lying around for the early Ti's and come back to you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
Almost there... just a few bits and bobs left, decided to leave the steering box in place so that the car is maneuverable at the paint shop and the garage.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
What is the story behind the color "Nero" ? As my car is originally black, I believe having heard somewhere that black was reserved for special customers. Does anyone have any credible information on this subject?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Oh, the moment I have been waiting for. She is now painted, and the fun stuff can begin!
I will proceed with sound deadening, wiring and the doors to begin with, hoping to have her ready for the spring :)

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
For the last few days I have been focused on sorting out a few miscellaneous things around the car that need attention before being bolted back on, such as the wiring loom, steering burmann box along with some window tracks and so forth.

Today, the re-assembly of the burmann box begins, and I might even start putting the wiring harness back into the car as well.. Still pondering on whether to replace the brake lines inside the engine bay or to leave them, as they look brand new ! And I would prefer the oem. steel ones over the soft copper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Thanks for the photo. I would certainly contribute a share of the 3D printing costs if anyone has the ability to tackle the project.
Bill
If someone can get a 3d scan of the part, detailed drawing, or send me a sample - I'll be happy to make it on my printer. To make it look right, you'd need to sand it and paint to match. We can try it in ABS, PET, or ASA to be more heat resistant. It would literally be a few cents worth of material.

We should start a database of 3d printed files for use

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
If someone can get a 3d scan of the part, detailed drawing, or send me a sample - I'll be happy to make it on my printer. To make it look right, you'd need to sand it and paint to match. We can try it in ABS, PET, or ASA to be more heat resistant. It would literally be a few cents worth of material.

We should start a database of 3d printed files for use
I totally agree!! Sadly the other one I had broke, let me see if I can find the pieces. If I hadn't thrown them away, I should stumble upon them as I re-assemble the car again..

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
Slowly progressing, just test mounted the brake booster, and the lines seem to line up just fine. Wiring loom is all tucked inn, but after the "renovation" the left indicator wire is too short, so it needs to be altered.
Had a visitor at the shop who kept me company for about an hour, sadly I only had dog treats which in turn he/she was happy for :)

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
I also have a few cats running around the workshop. Every day I leave some treats in a bowl which, on time, I find empty the following day. 😊

221 - 240 of 240 Posts