Alfa Romeo Forums banner
201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
the original mats are extremely vulnerable and get hard and chalky over time. I have worn a hole in them with the heel of my foot. (which is unforgivable...) I have not found good replacements for them so far. All that is available are overmats, that look really awful.
There are different colours for the doorcards and mats.Yours seem to be black, mine are dark blue.
View attachment 1687009
Mine are dark blue as well, with a gray shade to them, if that is possible...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 · (Edited)
Back with more updates, I think I finally tracked down the mice "house" it was behind the dashboard above the heater matrix, they have long since moved out but left their belongings or so to speak.
Anyhow, the brass bushings are now made and the pedal box has been assembled, I have gone above and beyond to make this thing as precise as humanly possible, and I think even "Luigi" and "Guiseppe" would have been impressed as it might have become better than from factory.

The last bits are finally out, and the car stands completely empty on the inside aside from a few wires and the throttle pedal. I am debating on re-painting the dash or leaving it as is, a few scratches and missing paint there... I am afraid that modern wrinkle paint might be to coarse in comparison to the one on there, and perhaps it would be better to lay a thin layer of the original "Nero" color over everything that way the wrinkle parts will maintain their look, so that is still up for discussion.

The seats are also going in for restoration, as I have tracked down the material and a person to take on the sewing job.

Water hoses to and from the matrix are shot, along with the T-pipe (I got an OEM new one!! in its original box). I cannot find the right hoses anywhere, the grommets in the firewall are intact so that is good at least. If any of you got an idea let me know

Here is a string of pictures, please excuse my messy order of things and bad photography skills not to mention my English illiteracy...

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
And here is what the seats look like underneath the covers. Don't be fooled by the appearance of the material, it is incredibly brittle and cannot be used, I mean literally one fart and the seams will come apart... So I am glad these will be re-done soon!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Yawn... its been a while, I have lost some traction here, been working non stop for the last 14 months without a vacation day. There is a little progress nonetheless, most of the parts for the heater assembly can be re-used but the closing plate for main air vent needs to be replaced, or in my case repaired, see for yourself.
Also, I got a repair panel for the rear right quarter which has a hole in it, not sure if I will need the whole panel or not, we'll see. I am hoping to start the re-assembly in July, along with some lower springs it should make a nice looking daily vintage :)

Can some of you post a picture or two of these cars on stock wheels/tires with some shorter springs? Especially the early cars :)

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Whatever I said in the beginning of this threads in regards to a light or partial restoration and reassembly in July in my last post, I now take back 😆 Because this thing is slowly blowing out of proportion.

After focusing a good month on bodywork, this is what I have to show for; all dents eradicated, a few small rusty areas welded up, rear right q-panel replaced. So now there is no way around a re-spray, which will be in the original Nero black color.

Next on the "new and improved" list is to remove all the chrome, lights, grommets and so on. Got the front/rear windshield out of the way today. Have a look at the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
I will attempt at having it ready for paint in a few weeks...

Does anyone have a good bendix gear for the starter motor? Mine is quite worn and slips out sometimes.. Shoot me a PM and we will make a deal..
Also in need of a courtesy hook which is mounted by the interior light on the B pillar, same things here, PM me if you have one for sale.

·
Premium Member
23,432 Posts
Many of us have been to this point at one time or another on a car that seemed at first like a lighter project. I am six years into my Tiger, thought it would be a few months.
I may have these pieces but I'm in the US. If you can't find in Europe I'll check.
Andrew

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
Many of us have been to this point at one time or another on a car that seemed at first like a lighter project. I am six years into my Tiger, thought it would be a few months.
I may have these pieces but I'm in the US. If you can't find in Europe I'll check.
Andrew
No kidding hehe... Well I can't quit on it now so.
Please do, they are quite small size wise, so shipping shouldn't be an issue, in terms of payment, perhaps PayPal would work?

·
Premium Member
23,432 Posts
I have a new 8 tooth Bendix. Will post a pic in the AM. I have only the stainless covers for the B pillar switch piece, don't have the plastic base with the coat hook.

Andrew

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
I have a new 8 tooth Bendix. Will post a pic in the AM. I have only the stainless covers for the B pillar switch piece, don't have the plastic base with the coat hook.

Andrew
Perfect, this is what mine looks like, as you can see the teeth are rounded off.
Name your price.

As for the coat hanger Ill try to check subito and facebook as well.

·
Premium Member
23,432 Posts
You know they have a bevel on each tooth from new, right? Here is what mine looks like.
Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I am such an idiot and never realized that there was supposed to be a hook under the interior courtesy light on the B pillar. Both of mine are useless nubs, and of course after reading post #210 I now realize what was originally there. I just did a quick internet search and didn't find any for sale. Unless I am using the wrong search terms, anyone have a source?
Bill

·
Premium Member
23,432 Posts
I don't know that they are made; I used to have some but used them up over the years.
Andrew

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
I am such an idiot and never realized that there was supposed to be a hook under the interior courtesy light on the B pillar. Both of mine are useless nubs, and of course after reading post #210 I now realize what was originally there. I just did a quick internet search and didn't find any for sale. Unless I am using the wrong search terms, anyone have a source?
Bill
Welcome to the "idiot club" haha, I will let you know if I find some, we might have them at our shop actually, I will check, but I am in doubt.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome to the "idiot club" haha, I will let you know if I find some, we might have them at our shop actually, I will check, but I am in doubt.

This is how the hook should look like. Hope this helps. If needed they could be made with 3D printing.

201 - 220 of 222 Posts