Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a post at Car Design Archives Facebook........

" 🇬🇧 Corrado Lopresto recently shared this gorgeous sketch, penned in the studio Michelotti by
Paolo Martin at age 19. According to the Maestro in his own book: “this drawing was made with tempera Windsor and sable brush on cardboard Murillo”."

"Unfortunately we don't know very much about this project and we must confess that our attempts to unearth more information were not warmly welcomed."

94392717_1642333982588646_7633189627058192384_n.jpg

"To celebrate the most influential Designers of the past, we share exclusive sketches, untold stories and secret materials coming from our archive. We continue with Paolo Martin, the father of the Ferrari Modulo 512 Pininfarina, Ferrari Sigma GP, Alfa Romeo P33 and many others."

"Here, we show an exclusive tempera drawing of an Alfa Romeo Concept designed by Paolo Martin in 1962, a proposal for a new Spider concept that never saw light."

·
Administrator
12,522 Posts
I'd say this became the Triumph Spitfire, but dates don't line up as Spitfire was designed by Michelotti in 1957 ... so I guess as Triumph were slow in getting it into production (not until 1962) a warmed over sketch was shown to Alfa Romeo

Pete

·
Registered
406 Posts
I also see more than a little Spitfire here, and it might have stood on its own if not for the earlier car and the eventual Spider. It almost looks like a young Mr. Martin (a junior designer?) was eager not stray too far from a previous Michelotti success (triumph?).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts