Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I have a 1962 Guilia TI (Type 105) garaged in Siracusa, Sicily. Has been used only in summers every 2-3 yrs for about 1.5-2 mos, from 1965 to 1994. In 1994 it was garaged and put up on blocks. Does anyone have info of how to get this car shipped here? AND...does anyone know where in Connecticut
a reliable shop is that would rebuild the engine and whatever else needs to be done. I know it needs a barke fluid pump and a starter. Thanks. Pappy53.

·
Registered
285 Posts
What part of the state are you in? Things are getting a bit tighter since Alfas Unlimited seems to be not taking in new work (they are out past Torrington in Norfolk in Litchfield County). There is a garage near New Haven that could be of use and I have heard about a one in NY just over the border. I'm surprised Bob Cess hasn't chimed in, as he probably would be the best person to know where to take your particular car (he has a couple nice vintage Alfas himself). There is a good mechanic just north of the border in Mass, also.

I'm in South Windsor, myself. The mech that I use has no real knowledge of the older Alfas so would probably not be too useful for you.

Mark

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Pappy,
To follow up on Marks question, where in CT are you? There are two excellent resources in northwestern Connecticut. Keith Goring in Norfolk is very knowledgeable concerning the repair of older Alfas, and Don Ereminas in Harwinton supplies parts and also does engine rebuilds, as does Keith.

If you would like an introduction to the Connecticut Alfa community, on Sunday, June 7, my wife and I are hosting a luncheon for AROC-CT, and I would like to invite you to attend. Send me an e-mail ([email protected]), and I'll reply with the details. Keith and Don will both be at the luncheon.

As far as shipping is concerned, I once shipped a car from Liverpool (UK) to the Port of Newark, and it was very easy. But I understand shipping a car from Italy can present challenges. My guess is that either Keith or Don could provide better advice than I.

I look forward to hearing from you concerning the luncheon on June 7th.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts