Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*SOLD*
Sad to see it go. Thanks for all the nice comments.

I'll be posting a longer description and many more photos on Hemmings (and others) in the near future but for now I wanted to give BB members first look.
Great-driving 1962 late-production true Giulietta Sprint which shares body shell and chassis numbering with later Giulia Sprints. Restored to a very nice driver-level about 10 years ago (still gets compliments). Rust was limited to external/floor panels/jambs and addressed at the time. Some visible surface rust, mostly limited to the underside, and showing no real progression. I've tried to capture those areas in the photos. Everything works*, including radio (*except 1 idiot light). Original 1300 Solex engine; evidence that it may be original to the car. Approx. 4000 mi on full engine rebuild. Engine and original 4-spd transmission strong. Most major mechanicals also redone, with only minor updates (e.g. generator) out of necessity. 84,300 mi on the odometer, also with evidence it could be original mileage. Original German delivery, some prior owner history and photos in the US going back to 1972. Current records to 2004. Purists will appreciate the many hard-to-source vintage rather than repro components. Not 100% pure, but a lot of effort went into keeping this car as close to assembly-line as possible. Available to show and drive in SoCal (will make an appearance at the Best of France and Italy in Van Nuys next month). Car has been a lot of fun, but now it's time for a new home. Please PM with specific questions-many more pics available-I'll add a link to them when they are all up.
P.S. I travel for work, so may need a couple day notice to show the car.
Phil

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,217 Posts
That IS a nice one. The next caretaker will thank you for maintaining it so well.

·
Super Moderator
3,511 Posts
What a fantastic little Sprint !! Fred is spot-on in post #6

This one ticks all the boxes, everything is there and all the trim is intact, a 110% bonus on a Sprint

This is a rare jewel of a Sprint, very original - Preservation Class with gentle patina - plus the quirky rarity of being the 28th Giulietta Sprint built on the new 10112 Giulia shell, part of the second Interim /Transition phase between Giulietta & Giulia... a little snippet of Sprint evolution.

This will make the astute & discerning buyer a very happy person

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Greig,
You would know. I always considered it the second "transition" Giulietta Sprint, known only to those deep into Sprint lore...
What a fantastic little Sprint !! Fred is spot-on in post #6

This one ticks all the boxes, everything is there and all the trim is intact, a 110% bonus on a Sprint

This is a rare jewel of a Sprint, very original - Preservation Class with gentle patina - plus the quirky rarity of being the 28th Giulietta Sprint built on the new 10112 Giulia shell, part of the second Interim /Transition phase between Giulietta & Giulia... a little snippet of Sprint evolution.

This will make the astute & discerning buyer a very happy person

Ciao
Greig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts