Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Available For Sale is AR 159035, manufactured on the 16th of June 1961 (per Centro Documentazione ). It is a very nice driver with the correct trim pieces exceptions are front disc brakes, modern generator and a Weber Carb in lieu of the original Solex). If the solex is preferred, a restored unit can be made available. AR 159035 was purchased after a bare metal restoration. Repainted in the correct Gardenia White and correct interior finishes. New interiors include Headliner, Door Panels, Dash Pad, Seats, Rear Bench and Wool Carpets. Engine was over-bored with 1400 kit. Underneath, the car is also very clean. I will have additional pictures for those interested as soon as the snow clears. The car will be ready for sale end of Spring 2015. Asking $62,000

Interested buyers please contact me at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
very, very pretty indeed....reminds me of my old 101 giulia......I just love the front with the busy grilles!
Will the chrome rear number plate plinth and stainless side strips be on the car?

Not sure the sprint had the pleated under bonnet padding?....mine didn't (and mine was original, albeit a 1600)

I presume the car is in the US?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very, very pretty indeed....reminds me of my old 101 giulia......I just love the front with the busy grilles!
Will the chrome rear number plate plinth and stainless side strips be on the car?

Not sure the sprint had the pleated under bonnet padding?....mine didn't (and mine was original, albeit a 1600)

I presume the car is in the US?
The stainless side stripes are in, see the first 3 pictures and they look mint. The European cars had the very large chromed license plate frame, similar to the 2600 Spiders. The cars for the American market did not use that large frame, they instead used a simple steel bracket frame mounted on the trunk lid, then used a simple 1/2"-3/4" chrome license plate frame as seen today. Usually dealer installed....didn't want to drill holes unto the trunk, I'd rather leave it up to the new owner. I will try to take pictures of the interiors and engine compartment this weekend.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Nice car. I had to re-read the text again. Are you saying the car is nearing it's restoration completion or is it already restored? If the ladder, when was the restoration finished and where was it done and by whom? How long have you had it?

Assume the car is in IL?

Do we still have rules in the For Sale section to post an asking price or did we get rid of that?

Mike

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car is completed. Just a few finishing touches left. Work performed in the Chicagoland area. Work performed by some of the better people in the country. Dave Brohan (assembly), Besic Motorsport (engines / drivetrain), Midwest Interiors, Performance Unlimited (suspensions), KDX (metal & paint), ......the engine on this particular car was built by very reputable Alfa mechanic on the east coast.

In regards to BB rules.......I have a car for sale. if you're interested, contact me. This is a very nice driver and it will be sold at a very reasonable price.

Check out our new website: B & L Vintage Sports Cars

It's not quite done, but it's coming along.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Blue celeste spider veloce

The car is completed. Just a few finishing touches left. Work performed in the Chicagoland area. Work performed by some of the better people in the country. Dave Brohan (assembly), Besic Motorsport (engines / drivetrain), Midwest Interiors, Performance Unlimited (suspensions), KDX (metal & paint), ......the engine on this particular car was built by very reputable Alfa mechanic on the east coast.

In regards to BB rules.......I have a car for sale. if you're interested, contact me. This is a very nice driver and it will be sold at a very reasonable price.

Check out our new website: B & L Vintage Sports Cars

It's not quite done, but it's coming along.
Sir,
very nice sprint. Good luck with the sale.
I saw in your web page a blue celeste spider veloce. It is the same color of my normale. Do you have the color code and paint manufacturer?. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sir,
very nice sprint. Good luck with the sale.
I saw in your web page a blue celeste spider veloce. It is the same color of my normale. Do you have the color code and paint manufacturer?. Thanks a lot.
I'll try to find at. ....and, thank you!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts