Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of working on a 1960 SZ that has been untouched since the early 60s. In it's racing days, it was photographed sporting the center grill whisker on each side, but now they're both missing. I am looking for replacements of those and for a replacement trunk lock unit (preferably un-restored and with patina, but new is okay too).

Any ideas where I could look for these items?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
3,807 Posts
Would that "SZ untouched since the early '60's" be *this* car perhaps ??

From long experience the ordinary Sprints are a nightmare if the trim is missing as trim was individually matched to the cars, the Spiders are a lot better in terms of fit.

The SZ were totally hand made as was their trim thus parts from another car are not likely to fit the one you have, you would be better off getting detailed pictures of the missing trim and fabricating it in-house. If it's the same car, you only need the horizontal portions and these can be cut to size and fitted as required.

A few years ago there were repro SZ centre heart grilles for sale, I've checked the usual suppliers but nothing is showing on their websites...

Ciao
Greig

750's
101's
105's
0thers

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I was talking about that car. The one I have was purchased in a private sale a few years ago. Same body style though. Apparently a good handful of these raced together.

That's good to know about the grill pieces, I could've lost a lot of time searching in vein.

Any suggestions for where to find trunk lock units?

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would speak to Alfaholics in the UK.They have the Giullietta SZ centre heart available on their website. They are restoring one so I am sure they will be able to help you.
David

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Greig is right, the front grilles would have been made to suit the individual body so that chances of getting parts to fit are remote. I will measure up the section on my car when I get back to the UK but in the meantime could you please let me have the chassis number of the car so that I can enter it on the register.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts