Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
?OK Anthony what does that mean? I live near this dealer and learn everything I can about Alfas, whenever I can. I will probably go and take a look in person at this car. If you guys are critiquing the car please be specific and give readers like me the benefit of your knowledge. If you have reason to be critical of the dealer please be specific, again so readers like me can have benefit of your knowledge and experience.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The seats look like they came from a stepnose. The door panels have no pockets. They don't look like sprint door cars that I have seen, but I could be wrong. The seats I am sure are wrong. For that kind of money...

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
the whole front looks really wierd to me, like the eyebrows have been put on the wrong side (apart from shoving a screw thru them!) ?....anyway something ain't right there, if you ask me!

front wing repeaters left off.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Grills are flip flopped, doh. Wrong seats. Not a Veloce but it has dual carbs, at least find a proper air box set up. Nice stick on logo on the glove box but its a Kmart type of add on. Got caught looking for the crown air freshener on the dash. Wouldn't be critical but for that kind of money the purchase should be spot on.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
The steering column should be crackle black instead of blue. Hard to tell from the pictures but the rear door jamb trim appears to be missing along with the stainless U channel trim from the back windows which appears to have been replaced with some kind of weatherstripping. The little J trim that should separate the headliner from the body just below the back windows is missing, and they covered that spot in headliner material instead of it being the body color. Luggage catches missing near the floor and on the backboard of the rear area, trim missing from the rear kick panels, door panels and on the piece that separates the parcel shelf from the back seating area. Windshield washer bag missing. I don't see a battery bracket holding the battery down which would not be a good thing if you're planning on going around corners. No hold down clamp for the spare tire. Trunk seal looks a little thin but hard to tell from the picture.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Wow - the Giulietta police out in full force. That's the power of this Board.

First look at the pic - Wow, nice car

Second impression after reading the comments - Maybe not ... For that amount of money, you want a nice, correct one

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
" I don't see a battery bracket holding the battery down "

Minor point, but the battery hold down clamp appears to be at the bottom of the battery, holding onto the battery bottom lip. Don't remember if that is stock.

·
Premium Member
21,687 Posts
Wow, master class in inspecting a Sprint remotely. Write this up as a Sports Car Market how-to article!
Andrew

·
Registered
259 Posts
Not so Terrible

Good catch on the Fantasy Junction sale. Same car. The 1963 manufacture fits with the Giulia steering wheel, but the dash is a Giulietta dash (I owned a 1963 Giulia Sprint in 1976-1978, and 1958 750 Sprint Veloce in 1976-1988 in Berkeley).

Although I see the same missing parts and non-original treatments as the thread has indicated (along with some additional anomalies), I'm not sure that I am so upset about them. For the most part, it represents an effort to get the car on the road and make it a driver and I don't see the sort of violence done to this car in the name of restoration that characterizes some others. These things are all fixable. Given the high asking price, I am more concerned, for example, with the poor fit of the driver's side headlight.

DC

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
Don't think it is the same car. Too many cosmetic/equipment differences.

·
Administrator
12,549 Posts
Here's something to add to the mystery. Fantasy Junction sold what appears to be the exact same car albeit with a different serial number, engine, older carpets and a different radio. Take a look: 1963 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint
Hmmm ... getting more and more interesting.

If same car it is pretty rough underneath!
Pete

·
Registered
259 Posts
It is the same car. Same flat carb filters, spark plug wires, screw on driver's side grille, Giulia steering wheel, missing side turn signal repeaters, missing rear reflectors, ignition coIl, Duetto type side mirrors, body color steering column and gas tank access cap, seats, wrong dash cover, etc. However, new carpets, new radio, wrong trunk seal have been added.

Oddly, Fantasy Junction lists it with VIN 149323260 while Hyman Motors lists it with VIN 149320714.

I'm betting that Fantasy Junction had the VIN right and that someone put a new VIN plate on the car. The seller can check the VIN stamped into the engine compartment to verify.

Curiouser, and curiouser...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts