Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my red/black US-market 101 1960 Giulietta Spider Veloce, 167172, bought on the 750/101 list from Bill Gillham in 2007. Here’s the note from Marco Fazio at the time:

“According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 167172 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider Veloce, manufactured on the 28th September 1960 and sold on the 31st May 1961 in Portland, Oregon. The body colour is red.”

Sold new through Rambo Motors in Portland OR, picked up in Rome by a doctor on sabbatical in Europe. He brought it back to Portland, used it as a daily driver til he stopped driving in 1997. Sold to a friend in Texas, then sold to Bill Gillham, Bill sold to me here. Has 112,000 miles, organic patinaed original car, never restored. Engine and trans just rebuilt (engine by me, trans by Larry Jr of APE), engine, trans, diff original to car. Documentation from new including Cert of Origin from Alfa, shipping papers, etc. It was and is a great driver, I’ve gone through it mechanically where needed, have not touched the cosmetics other than sorting a few issues on the seats. Drives great. When the doctor owned it, was maintained by Les Hurlock. Car has never really been out of use since new. A giant pile of receipts, from new. Clean Calif title on YOM plates. If it goes out of state I’ll keep the yellow plates most likely.

Since it was a daily driver for nearly 40 years, has been repainted all over at one point or another but inside trunk, interior, engine bay mostly original paint. A few rust spots, some age-cracking paint, some dings. But shines up, looks great, is very orangey/red, and generates comments wherever it goes. Carpets and door panels original, seats redone in the 70s. Top was new around 2000, is perfect, I’ve never had it up but have looked at it! New Vreds 10 years ago. Rugh front sway bar, Konis, NOS exhaust a few years ago. Brakes redone in the last couple years. Was featured on the back cover of the last GiuliettaLetta (the pic below). Long thread on the car here: https://www.alfabb.com/threads/pics-of-new-61-spider-veloce.49643/ Beyond that it’s been a regular subject of discussion in my columns in the Letta. Get in, drive anywhere, do anything.

Happy to discuss and show. I’m thinking $70,000 ballpark. Take a look at the thread, ask me questions, can send pics. In Berkeley, CA, can ship on whatever arrangement you make.

Andrew

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts