Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Throttle Linkage Parts for 1960 Giulietta Spider Veloce

Need part that screws into intake manifold (101.06.01.142.00) and part that attaches to this part and pivots (101.06.04.012.00) for throttle linkage. I belive these are also known as the throttle bell crank and its hanger.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I have a 1961 Sprint Veloce and have a number throttle bell cranks and bolts for that bell crank. I have to match them to my car and could look sometime next week. I found some intake manifold parts and will have to see if they match my car. I believe that you have a 1960 101 Spider Veloce with 40 DCOE2 Webers and not the 40DC03 Webers for the 750 Veloce.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yes, I have 40DCOE2 carbs. I need the part that screws into the intake manifold (the hanger) and the bellcrank. I haven't received any other responses. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
I do not have any new cranks, but this might be a start? 101.21.04.006.00 is the part number.
Alex, has the beauty.. Part number 101.21.04.012.00, the bell crank itself might be the real hard part to find for a Giulia (V and SS). I have seen many cobbled up and homemade ones in desperation from years gone by when in fact they were hard to find even then. This is for the 1600 V and SS.. then there are two others from the Giuliettas..(ref parts book) that are slightly different.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alex's hangers are different from the one I need. The one I need, for a 101 Giulietta Spider V, is threaded and screws into the intake manifold. Maybe I could cut off the back plate and have it threaded?

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
Alex's hangers are different from the one I need. The one I need, for a 101 Giulietta Spider V, is threaded and screws into the intake manifold. Maybe I could cut off the back plate and have it threaded?
oh, I see now.. my mistake... I've been working at a parts counter too long. That would be a simple piece to make. You just need the bellcrank to figure out how long the thin part should be with enough over hang for a washer and a cotter pin and then get the length of the thick part which you will thread and spin it in on your cut threads. You don' t need the hex part but can add that to the length of the thick part.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are going to try to put something together. Does anyone know the proper thread size for the part that screws into the intake manifold? The reproduction manifold I ordered from Centerline needs to be drilled for this part, and since we are going to make the part, have no guide for the proper threading. In case I ever find the correct part, it would be nice to have drilled it to the proper size.

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
The short one i have for a normale is 8 x 1.25. It won't be smaller that that but the original could be bigger, I suppose but can't imagine why. It is 15mm deep

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
BTW , you need to update your profile to tell us where you are..at least the country.. also your ad title says nothing about what PART you want,... you need to re-post in the Giulietta group forum with a better notice.. it will get more reads and responses. I have the Normale piece I can lend you to copy. All you then need to do is extend it and slide a spacer on of the correct length which was a boss on the original... I know not. This part will be rare as folks aren't going to ruin a very expensive intake manifold by picking these off..unless the manifold is so corroded it is kaput.

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
This should be my extra part, I will look for my first piece and let you know.
Please pm me with your email address

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Could someone post the dimensions (length, diameter) of the hanger, as well as the length of the bellcrank, for a 101 spider veloce?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Thanks to a friend who helped with picture......

Distance between the two arms is 21mm

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Marc-- Thanks again for the help. We had a machinist create a hanger and bellcrank from the dimensions/picture you provided. I think we'll have an extra hanger if someone needs one (although the hanger turned out to be pretty easy to make). Tim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts