Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
This car is just a reproduction of a car that never existed. Words like Motto-esque style hurt the Italian coachbuilder history only. Moreover assumptions like "...Wheelbase is 220cm, correct for an Etceterini..." don't have any means. No less the 1960 chassis precludes every Mille Miglia eligibility and partecipation to the elegance concourses. This is a toy to drive somewhere for fun and no more.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi There,

in all honnesty I like it.... but tastes and colours.... we all know the story

It does not claim to be a 110% period correct car (even if the description leaves some ambiguity). The lines are good... for now the price is still correct (at time ov viewing approx 24 K £) and yes its meant to be a small little enjoyable fun car for the "big" guy/lady, who's more of a petrol head & car enthusiast nature than a "this bolt has been made by the well know bolt-jeweller Signore Giuliermo Vite da Vitelini"

I believe, that as long as it's clear from the seller of what he sells and clear for the buyer of what he buys... well then he/her should be entitled to enjoy this car for what it is... a small sporty, roaring little car w/ quite good looks and easy to maintain mechanics, that will not whipe out the bank account every time valve clearance has to be set and oil has to be changed.

Not everyone (and especially not me...) has the bucks to buy a F-Car 250 GT SWB "tour de France" berlinetta...

My 2 Cts

Thomas

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Hi There,in all honnesty I like it.... but tastes and colours.... we all know the story.It does not claim to be a 110% period correct car (even if the description leaves some ambiguity). The lines are good... for now the price is still correct (at time ov viewing approx 24 K £). Thomas
The problem isn't if you like it or everybody like it, the problem is the if the seller doesn't declare "I produced a fantasy car with period parts just for fun and earn some money because I made a lot of work on it" in very few years some shop 'll sell it at the triple of his real value claiming something like "it's a real barnfind"...or "it seems the owner joined to an hillclimb race in 1957"...or "this car was tuned by Nardi during a raining night before to drive it at the Coppa Intereuropa"...because nobody 'll have no memory of this. That's the problem!

I saw too many of these and there are still a lot of them for sale in the web. Consider also there is a famous crook in North-Europe who commissioned reproductions of every Italian etceterinis, from Abarth to Stanguellini. Guess what: none of these cars can be homologated in Italy, imagine why....

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
. Consider also there is a famous crook in North-Europe who commissioned reproductions of every Italian etceterinis, from Abarth to Stanguellini. Guess what: none of these cars can be homologated in Italy, imagine why....
Any possibility that his initials are PO? Because this car has that aroma...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi 1.6 HF,...definitely no connection to Belgium, or the chap referred to above.! I also think the decription fairly clearly states that its not an Italian coachbuilt car. Hopefully will go to someone who will drive it hard and enjoy it for what it is...a fun trackday or hillclimb special.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Have to say I really like it...but then again I own a Beck 550 and a fake Fiat Abarth OT1000 race car built by Judge Parker. I drive classic cars every day but I do understand that a fake is a fake, glad to see they are not trying to represent this as something it is not and it is priced accordingly. I paid under 20k for my Beck and it had a real 1957 356 drivetrain in it, put 4.5k miles on it the first year I owned it....try doing that with a "real" car. Even thinking of converting my Fiat to the street so I can enjoy it more, after racing Alfa's and BMW's the thought of running the old Fiat on the track is not that appealing...

Alonzo Taylor
Scuderia Gonzo Alonzo

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agree with you there Bavman25. I'd be looking to put a tuned 125 T special
twincam and box in and using it for the track or hillclimbing it. Pretty light car I think, so would trounce bigger engined machines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts