It was an art-deco era.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts

·
Registered
1971 1750 Berlina; 1972 Fiat 124 Spider
57 Posts
I guess an amazing survivor. Did not realise the little louvers behind the front wheel were not open ... Bonnet needs to be bent over a piece of wood to get the curve right (why has this not been done already?)

Pete
I don’t think the bonnet/hood is the issue. It looks there’s been an impact at the shield that has distorted the panel in front of the hood.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
What was not original, other than the mirror and missing louver bright work?

Pete
I should have been more specific in saying it wasn't totally original (survivor), nor was it restored. It was originally white, repainted red some time ago. I don't believe that dash mirror is original either. Basically a running car that needs some expensive cosmetics.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Many of the vehicles at this auction sold well below their low estimate.. This car for example sold for 6500 euro.

For some reason the list of sale prices is no longer showing but it appeared there were some very good deals to be had.
Yes for a 2000 touring that is complete ,running and driving ,it seems like a very low price.Many of the cars listed did not meet reserve or were way under their estimated price.

·
Push hard and live
11,620 Posts
still seems like a good deal...If there are any running,driving 2000s stateside in the 40k range id be a buyer.
The difference in a "running driving" T2000 at 40K, and one you'd take on a long trip with no worries, or sometimes even down to the local show and shine would be... well.... a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
While other restorers of such cars are out there, what would Don P. and and Mark (MAS Restorations) estimate it would take to truly restore this particular 1960 2000 Touring Spider? North of 100K?

Remember; it's gotta have a light-colored interior and wire wheels!:rolleyes::p

Ray

·
Administrator
15,950 Posts
I think the best thing for this car, is to remove the Alfa grill, pull the dent out, fix up the other small incorrect details and drive on. Everybody raves on about cars are only original once, but when one comes up for sale they run and hide and don't put their money where their 'typed posts' are.

I too am surprised this car sold so cheaply
Pete

1 - 20 of 26 Posts