Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had previously placed an ad for my car in the classifieds. I do, however think that this group might find it interesting. I have a 1960 2 liter Touring Spider in remarkably complete. I have owned it since 1980, and started restoration work on it a few months ago (which is not complete). Sadly, I need to sell the car. I had previously priced it at US$25k, however, since the car has not been sold, and after commenting with a few fellow board members, it seems like it might be too expensive. I am in urgent need of selling the car, and will consider all serious offers for it. The car is complete, with original engine (never disassembled), there is not one bolt or badge missing from it (well, maybe a couple of bolts might be missing, but you get my point). I have the original hard top, but it is missing the rear glass (broke it accidentally). The car has been located in Mexico City since originally sold in december 1960 ( I have the original invoice) and I am onbly the secon owner. For photos follow this link:

1960 2000 Spyder Alfa Romeo - a set on Flickr

Regards,

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
If anyone is interested in this car I would be willing to take a look at it and report back. I don't know the seller (I've exchanged emails with him), and am not affiliated in any way with the car or the seller.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You would have to import it. I have done research and the tax that you would pay is 2.5% + .38% (MPF) over the sales price (which we can work out so that taxes are the least possible). Since the car is unmodified and has the original engine, it complies with DOT and EPA exceptions which would be the biggest hurdle, so you would not have any obsttacle in legalizing it in the US. Paper of course are all in legal order.

Regarding shipping the car, we can either do by land or by sea (to Miami). I have requested a couple of quotes, and you can go with very specialized transportation (companies that do cars only) but it would be the most expensive option. It will probably cost abou 2000 to 2500 US$ to get the car across the border. Consolidated cargo can be cheaper, , probably around half the other cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts