Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This months Alfa Owner Magazine has a request on page 6 from the Palm Springs Art Museum for the use of a Two-Liter Berlina, from February 2016 through May 2016. The Berlina is to depict the "Transalantic Style: A Romance of Fins & Chrome, The Creative Exchange of Italy & America in Mid-Century Automotive Design."

It is to be "a landmark exhibition planned by the Palm Springs Art Museum in Palm Springs, California."

I know of at least one Berlina in the USA. Jay if you are interested please contact 'Guest Curator' Donald Osborne (Sports Car Market Auto Expert and renowned writer) here: [email protected]

Mark

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Would a 1960 do?

First I ever heard about someone wanting to see such a rare car. I believe mine is the only one in the US. My VIN is AR10202*00900 But it is NOT a 59. I've owned this car since 1974. There once was another one on Long Island, New York, but it was long ago scrapped out. Tom Zat in Minnesota has a hulk but it is not one he could easily get to Palm Springs. If this is really on the up and up I could drive mine there, but I'm involved right now restoring the two liter sprint I finally found after looking for one for more than thirty years. Have the guy call me.

If he would also like to show the very first two liter sprint ever finished enough to be sent in 1961 for the European auto show circuit, I could have that one done by February 2016 also. And, of course, I also have a spider.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
First I ever heard about someone wanting to see such a rare car. I believe mine is the only one in the US. My VIN is AR10202*00900 But it is NOT a 59. I've owned this car since 1974. There once was another one on Long Island, New York, but it was long ago scrapped out. Tom Zat in Minnesota has a hulk but it is not one he could easily get to Palm Springs. If this is really on the up and up I could drive mine there, but I'm involved right now restoring the two liter sprint I finally found after looking for one for more than thirty years. Have the guy call me.

If he would also like to show the very first two liter sprint ever finished enough to be sent in 1961 for the European auto show circuit, I could have that one done by February 2016 also. And, of course, I also have a spider.
Hi Jay,
I know of both you and your cars! I will give you a call.
Donald

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked the Alfa Romeo 2000/2600 Register, 1985 and Jay your car is listed as a 1959! Alfa Romeo made the following s/n Berlina: 10200.00320 - 10200.01106 in 1959 Your car is the only example listed from 1958-1960! Adrian Ratcliff and Evan Stephens accounted for the other two examples listed; a 1960 and 1961 respectively.

Gulp, I wonder if this is what the 164 register will look like in 30 years, if there is one?
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts