Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1959 Alfa Romeo don’t know anything about it. Found it sitting in a garage and selling it if you know what it is or what’s its worth
please call me

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Looks like an early Giulietta Spider (1955/1956). There should be a VIN number (1495*XXXXX) stamped in the firewall above the large round opening on the left side of picture 2 (right side of the engine compartment). Are there any other parts included, or is it just a shell?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
It has the single opening for the heater hoses below the fresh air hose on the passenger side. Greig @AlfistiSA will know when they went to a hole for each hose. I believe it was after the first 1000 Spiders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are some
Looks like an early Giulietta Spider (1955/1956). There should be a VIN number (1495*XXXXX) stamped in the firewall above the large round opening on the left side of picture 2 (right side of the engine compartment). Are there any other parts included, or is it just a shell?
thanks, yes there are boxes of parts included but I just don’t know what everything is. Do you know the value of just the shell by any chance?

·
Registered
706 Posts
I’m interested in the 56 or 57 Alfa project car,
I have a spare engine and other parts so I could finish the car properly.
Dave Brohan
TheGiuliettastudio.com 847.489.8256

·
Super Moderator
10,587 Posts
Do you know the value of just the shell by any chance?
Yea, we get that you're looking for a free appraisal here.

But honestly, no one can give you a meaningful number without knowing a LOT more about this thing. Stuff like:
  • What is the VIN number?
  • Does it come with a title or any other paperwork?
  • How many of the parts are included? I know you're willing to just sell the shell but it's probably worth more with whatever other parts go with it.
  • How badly is it rusted? More pictures would help answer this one.
  • Where is it located?
Basically, it takes a lot of work to get top dollar for a classic car, particularly one that is totally disassembled. You can either put in that work, or just say "first guy with $1,000 and a trailer gets it" and be done with it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
They didn’t make Veloce spiders in 56, and it doesn’t have the splitter in the grille,
So it is a normale Spider, probably 56, could be early 57 though.
DB

·
Administrator
12,545 Posts
Sell it all together as a restoration project. Don't 'wreck' it ...

Pete

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I’ve seen more detailed pictures of this car, it is really rough and incomplete.

Located in Orange County CA.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'd be interested in this car if it's an early serial No. making it 1957 or earlier.
It seems REALLY ROUGH and INCOMPLETE.
Would I be crazy to offer the seller $5K for the car and all the parts ?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I'd be interested in this car if it's an early serial No. making it 1957 or earlier.
It seems REALLY ROUGH and INCOMPLETE.
Would I be crazy to offer the seller $5K for the car and all the parts ?
Hard to say without knowing what's included.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Posting appears to be this car:
Not much additional information, but there is a picture of a disassembled engine laid out on cardboard, an assembled engine, and a couple of others. "Clean Title" stated. No VIN stated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts