1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***SOLD***

Hi All,

Info from the Alfa archives...

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 1495.06223 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider, manufactured on the 10th March 1959 and sold on the 24th March 1959 to Hoffman Motor Car Co., New York , USA .
The body colour is white, with red or black interiors.

This is a transition car. 750 body and engine. 101 split-case tranny. i think that the suspension is also 101, the steering box is for sure.

This car is remarkably rust free, I believe that it's entire life has been in California. This is the car that I posted about to document original factory features. As seen here: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/giulietta-giulia-1954-65/180004-lessons-originality-59-spider.html

The engine does not run. Everything is just pinned together to offer a sort of visual inventory. The tranny is also in need of rebuilding. The original 4-speed box was missing a bunch of parts so now there is a 101 5-speed center section in there. It looks like a good core, but this is the area where I am least knowledgeable. (After all, I couldn't figure out how to get the speedo drive back in there...so a an old housing is occupying the hole for now. the correct item comes with the car, of course.)

The items that I can think of that are missing from the car:
One window winder knob. the washers under the head nuts. the passenger side eyebrow. The driveshaft is a 101 item, and needs to be traded for a 750 item.

I will be posting a bunch of pictures below. I prefer first messages to be by PM or email...

Car is in the Los Angeles area.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the pictures

Ok, here are some pictures.

The car has the correct 2-piece exhaust manifold that was unique to the '59's.
The car currently rides on some duetto wheels, i think. A set of restorable Fergats comes with the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more...

next batch...

The car has these dents on the side. I can almost push them out from the back in a tin-can style. But, i lost my nerve. I figure that this is best pulled out by someone with more skill and courage than me.

And some interior shots. I believe the displayed mileage to be correct, it certainly isn't 177k miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trunk, etc.

some pictures of the trunk and the only spots of rust that I can find anywhere.

The first is a hole where the floormat snap was in the passenger foot well. The other is by the battery box. The frame members in this area are not even pitted, and the battery acid did not get on the bodywork at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sale pending...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts