Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings gentleman,

I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the correct door panels for a 59 750B Sprint. Also any recommendations for a good source?

Thank you,
Hans

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I would talk to Thomas Pocius at Thomas Auto Trim located in San Diego. I recently had my 1961 Sprint Veloce interior completely replaced by Thomas and he showed me photos of different Sprint interiors. I know that 750 door panels look different than 101 door panels. I had the original door panels and used them as patterns for the new panels.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Greetings gentleman,

I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the correct door panels for a 59 750B Sprint. Also any recommendations for a good source?

Thank you,
Hans
I´d without a doubt recommend elvezio.com in Italy, best quality for the money....they also speak very good english. Ask for Donatella.

Dennis

·
Administrator
3,813 Posts
Hallo Hans

You have a Series II Interim / Transition car, designated 750B, but has the same interior as a 101 car

Door panel should look like this - except there is a small pull-tag missing from this panel - I will post another picture showing this

Concept 101 is right, Elvezio in Italy are the best and they stock the original cloth

Ciao
Greig

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,813 Posts
1959 door panels - the blue ones are completely original - just missing the little rectangular stud half way down the pocket flap - you can just see it in the second red panel picture

Ciao
Greig

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gentleman,

I cannot thank you enough for your posts. This is exactly what I was looking for and helps immensely. I shall phone Elvezio and look to purchase a set of their panels.

Kindest regards and many thanks again,
Hans

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Administrator
3,813 Posts
Hallo Hans

The link shows a Series II door panel in the correct vinyl and cloth, (Vipla e tessuto), for a 1960 to 1961 Sprint

Your 1959 Sprint should use the same pattern panel, but the earlier striped cloth from the Series I cars

Check the pictures I posted, they are all original interiors from 1959 cars and show the Series II pattern, but with the Series I cloth

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Gentleman,

I cannot thank you enough for your posts. This is exactly what I was looking for and helps immensely. I shall phone Elvezio and look to purchase a set of their panels.

Kindest regards and many thanks again,
Hans
Hans,

Also when you talk to Elvezio, or rather Donatella, his daughter and state what car you have, they will know what you need, have been in business for a long, long time.....

Dennis

·
Administrator
3,813 Posts
I agree with Dennis, Elvezio & Donatella have been in business a long time & know their stuff.

A quick Sprint reference:

• Early 1955 Sprints - early door panel pattern & special blue stripy cloth
  • Later '55 to '58 Sprints - early door panel pattern & white/grey stripy cloth
  • Early1958 - early door panel pattern & white/grey stripy cloth
  • +- March '58 Alfa started using vinyl instead of cloth, so early door panel pattern & vinyl / vinyl up to chassis 1493E*06611 - In Italian this is vipla/vipla
  • From 1493*06612 (Mid '58) to late '59 - New 101 style door pattern but old white/grey 750 stripy cloth
  • From 1960 to 1961 / early '62 - 101 style door pattern with NEW cloth - white & grey fleck, called "Salt & Pepper" or "Sal e Pepe" by the old Factory workers
  • 1962 Giulia Sprints = New 10112 style door pattern all in vinyl to suit the colour of the car
The above are not 100% definitive, but what I've noted over the last 15 years of keeping archives of different cars, especially those with original interiors

The 750 cloth has slighly fuzzy vertical grey stripe (to me it looks like an old out-of-tune television in those black & white movies)

The 101 cloth is a speckled grey & white - "Salt & Pepper" or "Sal e Pepe"

Ciao
Greig

Attachments

·
Registered
Giulia spider 101.23
82 Posts
Guys,

I am puzzled. On my 1961 101 Giulietta Sprint Veloce, I have a kind of white or light beige vinyl on my doors that does really not match Elvezio's 'salt & pepper' biancospino at all. It is not 'peppered' at all:

I am pretty convinced that my interior was factory made, never upgraded or replaced. Is it fair to assume that 2 types of cloth (at least) were available on 101 Sprints? A friend of mine who checked on original factory brochure seem to confirm that however Elvezio confirms that they only have 1 type of cloth for 101 Sprints, the 'salt & pepper' biancospino...

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I had most of the original interior for my 1961 Sprint Veloce and it used the salt and pepper cloth. The majority salt and pepper cloth faded over time but, you could see the pattern in areas that were not sun bleached. The car was purchased by my father three or four months after the production date of June 14, 1961. I completely replaced the interior and the original salt and pepper cloth was incorporated in the seat insert and other areas. The interior shop is well known for its Pebble Beach Concours winning cars, and the owner has been working on Alfas for more than thirty years.

·
Registered
Giulia spider 101.23
82 Posts
Hi Kuni,

Let me be clear here, I have not a single doubt that Elvezio is among / if not THE no.1 supplier of original interior's parts. I have received my headliner from them and it is just perfect, impressive.

I just want to express my (modest) opinion that there may be two different type of door & seats inserts for 101 Sprints. I can't find any sales brochures right now but will send you when I find it.

Thanks

·
Registered
Giulia spider 101.23
82 Posts
Unfortunately my seats have been reconditioned at some point in the past so they do not match my door inserts now...

Thanks

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I saw a number of different Sprint interiors and told the shop to duplicate the original interior. I kept the original interior to use a model for the new interior. My car had seat covers installed in the middle 1960's because the cloth inserts worn out and part of the rear deck was replaced due to sun damage. I restored the SV to original condition because it was my first car given to me by my father and it reminds me of the past when I used to time trial the car on different race tracks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The door panels on my '59 101 are the pinstripe kind. I'm 99% sure they are original. I know its an early 101 and an interim car.Since it seems like Alfa was doing their best to use all the parts they had left over from the 750s, it might be possible that a later 101 had the early pinstripe. ("Hey Luigi, I just found this interior set, should we use it? Sure why not?")

Will

·
Registered
491 Posts
My 750B was manufactured in May 1959 and originally had the material pictured below. That sample is from underneath the rear 'seat' so should not have faded too much.
In the 3 images at the very bottom I have compared that pattern (to the left) to the materials available from Italy. These look quite different so the original look cannot be achieved anyways. Therfore I still struggle with the decision whether or not to have a leather or skai based kit made instead (more practical for the seat inserts I think). Unfortunately I have no idea how these interior materials were worked and how they looked like originally and connot find any reference pictures. Nevertheless I understand they were available on special order at the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
Giulia spider 101.23
82 Posts
Hi Greig,
My seats look really bad and were partly recovered at some stage. Doors and rear panel shall give you a good idea.

·
Registered
Giulia spider 101.23
82 Posts
Hi Greig,
My seats look really bad and were partly recovered at some stage. Doors and rear panel shall give you a good idea.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts