Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is this F the right F and in the right spot to denote a Veloce? The stamp is very indented, but the car has both air holes on the diver side inner fender. And the air box in the LF nose for the hose. If it is, is it pointless to search for a correct engine?

Thanks Pete

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
That looks correct for a Veloce "F". They very in exact location, and often times look more indented then the other numbers. Here is a picture of one that looks similar. 149505164 F vin | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

As for an engine, they are around, but it may take a while to find one and it will likely be expensive. The real question is, do you have all of the other Veloce parts? The more parts you need the more $$$'s you will need.

Do you have any other pictures?

Scott

·
Premium Member
23,949 Posts
On my 101 Spider Veloce, the F is almost completely covered by the wiring grommet above the number. So they area all over the place.
Andrew

·
Registered
312 Posts
What other parts are there? Just the tach, and air cleaner? This a customers car and I am just trying to ascertain what is the best course of action for the car. This is a surprise that it has the F in the vin.

Thanks Pete
Pete's Custom Coachbuilding - About
Wow, that's a nice suprise. Your looking at 3k or more just for the carbs to put it back right.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know about the carbs, but is there any thing else?

Pete

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Any Veloce is worth restoring as is any 750 car. We are seeing a major market up swing in the values. Some of the recent sales of Giulietta Normales and Veloces are catching up to the market of other marques. Your car is definitely a Veloce. This would be a new Veloce on my register.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is a customers car and I am sure he will register it. I have a lead already for the engine, its weird, my uncle in law says that he has a 1300 duel weber motor in his garage he got out of a race car. I will have to check this out though.

Any Veloce is worth restoring as is any 750 car. We are seeing a major market up swing in the values. Some of the recent sales of Giulietta Normales and Veloces are catching up to the market of other marques. Your car is definitely a Veloce. This would be a new Veloce on my register.

·
Push hard and live
11,548 Posts
It would be immensely amusing if your uncle in law reports that the 1300 with twin Webers has two spark plugs per cylinder. After two such finds we'll all expect you to keep going until you open the entire barn.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will check this out tomorrow and let you guys know what happens. I guess he has a bunch of alfa stuff mostly duetto stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
I know about the carbs, but is there any thing else?

Pete
Pete, do check out http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/giul...es-veloce.html it will answer "is there any thing else".

My guess is the engine in the barn with duel Weber's is a late model 1700 or 2L with later 40 or 45DCOE Weber's. Still an option but not Veloce. I would hold out for a Veloce motor correct to the numbers, or sell this to someone who will put everything back to Veloce specs, then buy a Normale and do what you want. The Veloce's are too rare.

Just my 20 cents worth...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it is a Veloce

Well in a matter of a week we have found out this car is a veloce and I think I found a veloce motor for it. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
"1315.32343" is a 1959 Sprint/Spider Veloce engine. Nice find! Now to find the correct carbs/intake/water manifold. What pan is on the bottom?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Is this not the right carb set up? They look right to me. It has a winged pan on the bottom but I think the original pan is kicking around. Is it acceptable to put a 59 engine in it?

Thanks again for everyone's help

-Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
The Engine you found is probably the correct veloce engine for this car, I had a veloce #06660 and the correct motor with it was #32448.
DaveB in Chicago

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I looked at some other photos of Veloce carbs, they look the same to me. What am I not seeing? I was in a rush, so I did not get a good photo of the carb numbers.

Thanks Again,
Pete

·
Registered
312 Posts
The carbs you are looking for are 40DC03, they don't have the wingnut on top of them.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.