Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, letting my 1958 Giulietta Sprint 750B go over at BaT (1958 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint 750B Project ). Its a rough but mostly complete project, let me know if you have any questions or want more detailed photos. Its been a reference for another car I have been working on to get it factory correct. It is #390 of Series II transition car according to Greig, original engine, Chassiss # 1493 07001, Engine # 1315 06238, Bertone # 656380.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Great, you found the airplane. Definitely a good project for someone. Hopefully the bidding will pick up in a couple days and finish strong. GLWT

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
People got reallll excited about no airplane haha

It's a strange time to sell a car. Beacause of that I don't have very high expectations of it really. Been a great originality reference when I'm working on the other cars and if it doesn't sell will continue to be. Comments haven't been too bad so far, I've seen the tire kickers gang up far worse on other cars so I have no reason to complain!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I'm with you - order the lightweight airplane from CA. It would cost less than re-chroming the old pot metal version that came with the car and weigh a lot less. Put the original on a shelf.

You're handling the comments better than I would. People think they're funny but they're really not. I think BAT needs to start reigning in some of the comments if they're not constructive.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm with you - order the lightweight airplane from CA. It would cost less than re-chroming the old pot metal version that came with the car and weigh a lot less. Put the original on a shelf.

You're handling the comments better than I would. People think they're funny but they're really not. I think BAT needs to start reigning in some of the comments if they're not constructive.
I couldn't agree more about the airplane, but to each their own!!! I'm just trying to give the people what they want; even if it is bass ackwards.

A friend told me I have to look at BaT as a forum, not EvilBay. The mindless random opinion comments are what people go to the site to post, which keeps traffic high, which drives views, which equals bids. I look at the profiles of all the people commenting; without fail almost all the members with over 1,000 'internet points' have never bid, sold, or purchased a car on the site. As they are not serious buyers I tend to take their opinion equally as not seriously. It does make for some interesting discussions and entertainment! I do agree the not constructive button could use some exercise on BaT.

It's just my opinion, but I would rather deal with the people and comments on BaT than here in the BB. Our member count has quantifiably skyrocketed and I think our member quality has plummited.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
It's just my opinion, but I would rather deal with the people and comments on BaT than here in the BB. Our member count has quantifiably skyrocketed and I think our member quality has plummited.
You have to have stones to make that comment and PROMOTE your enterprise here.. Well done and classless.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have to have stones to make that comment and PROMOTE your enterprise here.. Well done and classless.
Honest feedback creates real progress. I prefer BaT's commenters to current AlfaBB commentors. Pretending the sale of the site to some conglomerate combined with the flood of newer less passionate owners has benefited this BB seems almost insulting to the core group that built it.

Again, just my opinion, and we are all passionate people by nature owning such a marque as Alfa, but in your opinion has the past two years been an improvement compared to the first 12 years?

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Honest feedback creates real progress. I prefer BaT's commenters to current AlfaBB commentors. Pretending the sale of the site to some conglomerate combined with the flood of newer less passionate owners has benefited this BB seems almost insulting to the core group that built it.

Again, just my opinion, and we are all passionate people by nature owning such a marque as Alfa, but in your opinion has the past two years been an improvement compared to the first 12 years?

I'm sorry... I didn't mean what I typed... clueless was better than classless.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Look man, you said you're scum not me. You also used the words classless, and clueless. If you are trying to change my mind that I would rather deal with the people and commenters on BaT than here on the BB I don't think you're nailing it. This is sorta what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think this car is a viable project and I wish I were in a position to take it on but with 5 Alfas and 3 of those are not running, the timing, space and money are not. Short of a 1900 Coupe or SS, the Sprint Coupe is one of the finest designs AR produced. I worked on a 63 Coupe last year for several months last year and grew ever more fond of them. I've wanted one since I first discovered them

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hi 81gtv6,

Could you check whether the rear badge on the trunk lid is gold coloured / black cloisonné or silverish / black cloisonné ?
Thanks,

Thierry

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think this car is a viable project and I wish I were in a position to take it on but with 5 Alfas and 3 of those are not running, the timing, space and money are not. Short of a 1900 Coupe or SS, the Sprint Coupe is one of the finest designs AR produced. I worked on a 63 Coupe last year for several months last year and grew ever more fond of them. I've wanted one since I first discovered them
I have not got the opportunity to wrench on a 1900; however, much the same thing happened to me. I was always a fan of the Spider, but after working on a Sprint that was very well sorted I absolutely had to get one! Big fan of the coupes. Obviously the SS is rolling art.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi 81gtv6,

Could you check whether the rear badge on the trunk lid is gold coloured / black cloisonné or silverish / black cloisonné ?
Thanks,

Thierry
Of course. Good question. I am going to include three photos. If I had to guess it looks originally a silver color, black badge. I have taken a photo of the inside with the mounting holes. Seems only one of the threaded mounting rods retained it's nut.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thank you for your reply with the pictures.

Here some pictures of the reason why I asked this all in the first place, I would like to find out what was the origine of the badge I have in this pictures. You see, there must have been brown ( golden) coloured /black enameled badges. Maybe yours is one of them, who knows ?
Maybe there were first the brown ones and maybe they received later a chrome finish on top ?

I would like to ask the opinion of the group, so am I allowed to use your pictures in a thread about this subject ? On alfaBB and/or on the 750-101 group ? Anonymous if you prefer ?
Thanks to let me know.

Regards from Belgium,

Thierry

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No need to be anonymous, please use the photos! I have seen some discussion on the topic and am interested myself.

·
Administrator
12,551 Posts
What is the "airplane"?

Pete

1 - 20 of 26 Posts