Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing the above car. It is completly dismantled. The engine has a single webber carb and has had head work done. The body is in very good condition but the fresh paint was done by a novive and will have to be redone. only one small rust hole in the floor board. It has the hard top, soft top, but no soft top frame. Suspension and drive components are all there, exhaust, gas tank needs to be restored, There are many boxes of unorganized parts that have been in storage since the 60's, and I don't know exactly what I am getting. Can anyone give me any idea of what this project might be worth? Or what I should be looking for. Also has new wiring harness.and new brake parts . Plese Help
Thanks
John

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
I'd agree with Patrick's loose estimate. Expect to spend $200-$500 on the top frame (largely the whim of the seller) and spend a year or two looking. I'm assuming that this is a 750 short wheelbase car (no vent windows on the doors) so make sure you get the correct frame for the early cars. If it's an original hard top (not fiberglass aftermarket) in decent shape, that in itself is fairly valuble. Myself, I think they're kind of pointless but a lot of people will pay many hundreds for one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. I am going to get a better inventory tomorrow and make an offer. I will update with pics and more questions of course. I think I might be getting in over my head on this one.

·
Premium Member
21,359 Posts
You might move this discussion over to the Giulietta forum if you want more action on it.
Good luck.
Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts