Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1958 Fiat 1100/1200 TV 103 Trasformabile Spyder- questions?

Hi, I just bought a '58 Fiat Trasformabile Spyder and am looking for parts and information. The car is very complete and rust free. In particular I need at least 2 original hub caps (the fake knock off type) in good condition and some headlight rings (I realize reproduction head light rings are available, but I would like to find some originals if possible).

Any help or information would be extremely appreciated.

So far the Fiat forum has not been much help, so I will try here also.

Thanks, Scott

I will post some pictures soon.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Scott,

Congratulations on the purchase! Very stylish cars; there was a gorgeous black one at Quail last year.

Regarding the parts, if you can get to Padova this Fall for Auto e Moto d'Epoca , or if you know someone who's going, you would almost certainly find what you're looking for. In the meantime you could try searching on Subito.it, the Italian Craigslist. Good luck.

BTW, in Italian, there's no "n" in "trasformabile".

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I fixed my spelling :eek:

This is not the one that was on Ebay. I missed that one. How long ago was it up for sale? If you know the condition and what it sold for I would be very interested to know as many details as possible.

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I have a '59 1200 cabriolet and I get my information from the cabriolet forum. Go to Yahoo Groups and search for fiatcabrios. This group will set you up, my friend!

·
Registered
18 Posts
In particular I need at least 2 original hub caps (the fake knock off type) in good condition
I have a set (4) in not so great condition. The fake knockoffs in particular are in really rough shape, but probably not beyond repair/rechroming.

If you're interested (and can't find something better), drop me a message and i'll dig them out and photograph them.

--Josh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I also have a Fiat 1100 TV Transformabile as well as a 1200 TV Transformabile. I do look for information on the mechanism of the softtop. can anybody help with drawings or pictures?

kind regards from Switzerland.

Urs

·
Registered
408 Posts
If there are any TV parts available in the US, Chris Obert Fiat Parts will have them or know where to get them. He and his business partner were in Monterey this weekend and they brought one of their 4 Fiat TV's to Concorso Italiano.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
TV spider hubcaps

I believe there is more than one style of hubcap with the false knock-off feature. I have some of these and I think there are two different versions. I do not have a complete set of either version. Regardless of whom it is that you deal with, you will perhaps wish to share photos of yours so as to minimize the possibility of a disappointment?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I have a 1200 TV. I can help you but dont know if the softtop is the same. If its not, I know a 1100 TV owner in Germany who can help you.
Regards
Rene

1 - 12 of 12 Posts