Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to start a proper thread for this car. It was decieded that this car was in fact a 1958 Veloce and in my searching I was able to find a 1959 veloce engine for it. I own and operate a small restoration shop east of Cleveland and was contracted to do a complete ground up restoration. I am sure I will need some help along the way so I thank all the people in advance.

YouTube - CustomCoachbuilding's Channel

Thanks -Pete
Pete's Custom Coachbuilding

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,880 Posts
Big job Pete, though I have seen a few much worse brought back from the "parts car" class. Do you have any of the vintage Veloce engine parts? Have you checked the chassis number with Alfa?
You also should register this car with both Chris Bholes (velocedoc) and Patrick Hung (pathung) on the Giulia / Giulietta registers.
There are many here on the BB that can answer questions and provide photo's for correct detail restoration of these cars.
I love seeing another saved!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Whats the serial number. Contact velocedoc on the bb and add this car to his list of veloce's. Good luck on your restoration ... you're insane

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Time and money... what's more difficult is locating the correct parts for a Veloce, as Gordon inquired earlier.

If your customer needs more history on the car, s/he can e-mail [email protected], while providing Marco with the car's serial number (AR XXXXXXX). This information will also help me add this car to the Vintage Alfa Registers (see my signature for link).

Good luck; let us know if we can be of help.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big job Pete, though I have seen a few much worse brought back from the "parts car" class. Do you have any of the vintage Veloce engine parts? Have you checked the chassis number with Alfa?
You also should register this car with both Chris Bholes (velocedoc) and Patrick Hung (pathung) on the Giulia / Giulietta registers.
There are many here on the BB that can answer questions and provide photo's for correct detail restoration of these cars.
I love seeing another saved!
Yes I have checked the chassis number with Alfa and it is a white 1958 Veloce spider red or back interior. I also have a lot of the engine parts including Bock, head, fan, gen, oil pan, I think we will end up putting on DCO 40's since we have them. I still need a eng mounts, starter, distributor and all the air boxes. I am sure there is something else too. I should get it back from the blasters this week, then we will see whats really left.

Here are a couple pictures of a 356 I did, I compare this car with all my new projects and nothing was worse than this car was. I removed the rear skins and it received new longitudinals, floors, perimeter, engine comp. spare tire floor, ect. This car was almost in two pieces when it came in.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back from the blasters

Well, this is whats left, doesn't look to bad. Needs floors, rockers, rear valance. The usual stuff. No surprises.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
228 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alfa 750 metal work started

It's been awhile since I have posted. I finally started doing some metal work and figured to start at the front and move my way backwards.

-Pete

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,271 Posts
Subscribed.

Pete

·
Super Moderator
11,880 Posts
Absolutely world class photos Pete. Keep them coming!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Pete, I have some of the parts you say are missing from the car. PM me with a complete list.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Wow, Pete. Having just gone through that with my Sprint, I can really appreciate your work. Keep it up!
Bob

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Font end repair continues

This is the new front frame section we made and replaced with new metal. Also the new a new air box. With all the other air scoop parts that we have made the front end should start going back together now.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,271 Posts
Very impressed!!!!!!!!

Pete

1 - 20 of 178 Posts