Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,

I am new to the group. I have just purchased a 58 Veloce, unfortunately it has the incorrect engine. I am looking for a correct engine to purchase.

Thank you,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. I have a 2L engine a R00530 E8027 1300 and a AR00526A F4401 1600. I believe I need something in the 1315.30762 to 1315.32007 range.

·
Super Moderator
11,556 Posts
There is one on E-bay now... Big $$$$$
If you have the car as a keeper, you may be better off building one starting from a correct block. (Unless it needs a DCO3 set-up!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gordon, thank you for the reply. Yes the car its a keeper. The goal is to get the car back to original. How would I know if it needs the DCO3 setup, please excuse my ignorance but what does that mean?

Luckily the car is unmolested, just has the incorrect engine, all else is good

·
Administrator
3,807 Posts
A '58 Veloce will definitely need DC03 carbs..... big $$$ on their own unfortunately..

Veloce blocks are difficult to find, they do come up from time to time, if you do perhaps find 1315*30800, it's the original block for my '58 SV & I'll swap for the '58 SV block I do have.

On another note, I commissioned a run of the 750 Veloce tapered tube water rail in stainless steel, powder coated in satin black - better than new !

Ciao
Greig

·
Super Moderator
11,556 Posts
The nice thing is you don't need to BUILD the whole engine at once. I restored an AUSCA test engine some years ago, begining with just the original head, manifold and Webers. It took me YEARS to gather all the parts, a piece at a time. Completed result? Easily worth both the cost and effort.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,556 Posts
Here's more. Try e-bay #221638290453 for a 750 Normale engine complete. Then if you have deep pockets, here is a 59 750 Veloce engine AND transmission, e-bay #261705658214. The first one in Norway, the second in Wisconsin USA. I've no relatioship with either seller.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 3 Wrong engines, pretty sure I have alL the components. I should focus on a good block and heads and work from there.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Based on the engine numbers in one of your earlier posts, none of those parts will interchange with a 750 veloce engine, except the oil filler cap on the cam cover.
PM sent about the veloce block.
DB

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Veloce engine-

I only want to say that Mr. Kollar has a nice engine and very complete down to air box and air filter cannister. He has been very forthcoming with info and pictures and I'm not sure if we will end up purchasing it or not. His price is spot on the market if not reasonable so if you are seriously looking for such an engine his seems like a great choice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Jon-
I have found DCO3 carbs, but am looking for intake manifold, water tube and linkage.
do you have any you are willing to sell?
thanks, tom.

·
Super Moderator
11,556 Posts
There ya go! Great picture Greg. Count on BB members to make limited runs of the unobtainable! No more epoxy liners in corroded tubes! YES!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Gordon, Trust you are well. Once again thank you for all your valuable input. I chatted to Greig today, slowly I am getting to know the local players and learning a ton. Will keep you posted as I progress.

Best regards

Kevern

1 - 20 of 23 Posts