Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I amtrying to find some good leads on this Alfa Romeo color. Does anybody have good pictures or good source have the correct code and paint manufacturer that has the correct mix. Are they two different colors? Thank you.

·
n00b
14 Posts
My 58 was/is blu inverno. I lent my hood to someone to have some paint made up and they came back with this. I ended up having my roll bar painted with the same batch and it looks great though I can't vouch for whether it's an exact match. The color really takes on a number of different hues based on lighting. Don't know whether the colors have any relation to each other.
Also attaching a few shots, first two taken professionally, all subject to have potentially been messed with post taking.
IMG_3004.jpg
IMG_3012.JPG
IMG_2464.jpg

·
Registered
445 Posts
That’s the same color my grandmother had on her Spider when I was growing up. Contrasted with a red interior. Striking combo. Very 50s-60s taste. Great choice in color if you can match it. As mentioned, it picks up different hues in different light like few other colors. My cousin’s memory thought it was purple. She used to park it under a pink magnolia tree. Good luck matching your wish.

·
Administrator
3,855 Posts
AR 308 Blu Inverno / Winter Blue was only offered for a short period of time 1957-1958

Here are two 750B's, 05639 and 06329 in Blu Inverno

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,855 Posts
AR 324 Blu Cobalto or Cobalt blue is darker than Blu Inverno

fWhit - I would have called your car in #3 closer to Cobalt Blue than Winter Blue (but that might just be the light in those pictures). While a Google search on Cobalt Blue throws up a wide variety of blue hues, from light to dark, AR324 as a Giulietta / Giulia colour was a dark blue, in between Blu Inverno & Blu Olandese / Dutch Blue

The problem with man of these colours is that they were short lived, the only place I have ever seen Cobalt Blue 324 is this 1965 chart

Ciao
Greig

Attachments

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I did a lot of searching for Blu Inverno (Winter Blue) of Sprint 06920, but found nothing. With Greig assistance I came up with what I hope was a close resemblance. You can look here for results and a PPG paint formula

1 - 8 of 8 Posts