Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1957 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Roadster. Extremely well built and detailed car by Dennis Pillar many years ago. This is the VERY desirable short wheelbase small tail light 750 Series. Serial # 1495 02951

Before we start to swamp the link with comments - the car "is what it is" and its HUGE fun!

Cruises effortlessly at freeway speed and has substantial torque for its lightened 1800 pound chassis to both accelerate, brake and handle incredibly well. Has the looks and patina of a Vintage Alfa Racer but updated with performance to allow extended weekend trips - which many have been taken including several Alfa meets and the 2010 Walkins Glen Alfa Rally.

Features a mild rebuilt 2.0 L with 45 mm carbs, cold air box, mild cams and porting, custom headers and exhaust (quite quiet but a little bit of rumble to make you smile) and electronic ignition. 5 speed, 4 wheel vented discs and SS flex lines. Lowered high performance springs, sport shocks, sway bars, adjustable hiem mounted rear panhard bar to a Posi rear end. 15 x 7 Panasport Racing light weight wheels. Fiberglass fenders, trunk and hood. Comfortable Corbue seats with 4 point Simpson belts. Engine transmission , brakes and suspension preform as they should.

Hate to sell it but too many customer and race projects have prevented me from really enjoying this car and I've put less than 5000 miles on it in the last 3 years. This is a Solid, Fast, and FUN driver.

It may be in Toronto at the Alfa meet the end of June if there's room in the hauler. Car comes with an Aluminum finned oil pan. Baffled Veloce pan and pump available separately.

$25,000 or best offer.

Additional pics on Photobucket with underside and video to fallow shortly.

http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/cdmad4494/Yellow 57 Giulietta/

Call Chris 585 330 5456 for additional details and information.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Actually this car was put together by my son Jerry Pillar, I gave him a rolling tub and many boxes of parts for his high school graduation in 1979, as a father son project. In 1979 good running Giulietta normals were worth maybe $1000.00. He is 51 years old now and his youngest son just graduated from high school, I wonder what he will get for graduation??????????
Dennis Pillar (aka ofracer)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Perhaps his grandpappy could buy it back and give it to him for his graduation. Although I guess that sets a precedent for the other grandchildren, and would anyone really trust an 18yo with this car? :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts