Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided to offer up an ULTRA rare 1956 750 Veloce block that I had been holding on to in hopes of eventually finding a car to mate it to. According to the book "The Racing Giuliettas" and Evan Wilson's "The Giuliettas" this is a one of 18 for a spider, or 252 for a sprint veloce and would be key to completing a proper Mille Miglia eligible car's restoration. It has all of the bearing caps numbered to the matching casting # on the intake side of the block. The main bearing housing surfaces are wonderful. The head studs do not show the typical pock marking and are full right to the base. The center aluminum web in the water jacket is fully intact and uncracked. I will add a link to a photo album. I will also email photos upon request. If you have interest please contact me off list. I am initially offering it here before i go to the mass EBAY route
Kind regards,
Santo Spadaro [email protected]
'58 Sprint Veloce Series 1
'58 Spider Veloce VSCCA #555
'58 Spider Veloce

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Sandcast 750 engine, Veloce ,RARE

AR1315 301xx, sure enough that is an early Veloce engine 750 Alfa, so,...where the rest of the Alfa? Do you have other parts, like engine parts or others? Will you post other photos later? I know some about these engines, I own one also, but unstamped, a replacement part from the factory. You have a real rare item that has survived the high revs heavey footed owners. I have to think that a stamped factory veloce engine would bring some money, with the Alfas that use this engine bringing very good money these days. This ideal for one with an incorrect engine, a recreation, or a spare to own. What sort of price are you thinking ?
alfas07
in ohio

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
PM me about what you want for the engine please.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
1956 veloce block Ar1315*30138*

I've mounted a 750 preped crank that was nitrided cut to .010", drilled for extra oiling and tapped plugs as a test and the tolerances are perfect, and the crank turns with no interference with just two fingers. There isn't a problem with main bearing housing alignment. This is a well preseved piece. The top of the block has been decked to .070" (1.8mm) as per the Conrero/Facetti spec quoted in the Racing Giuliettas P. 79. It also has a minor repair to the bottom intake front part of the block and an unusual oil pressure line adapter.
Here is a link to a photo share picassa picture album.

Picasa Web Albums - sds1750 - 1956 Veloce B...

Kind regards,

'58 Spider Veloce

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
IMG]http://C:\Users\Domenick's\Pictures\2010-12-21\SAM_0835.JPG

On page 78 of The Racing Giuliettas, you will find that block # 128 that Conrero modifies for use in SZ00010 is exactly 10 units away from the block I possess. It could be that a series of blocks were ordered since there is similaritities in the way the block in the book is prepped and my block. It is still available for those that are interested.
Kind regards,
'58 Spider Veloce

·
Registered
649 Posts
Engine block Giulietta

Hallo,
I have 2 engineblocks of this kind. One used, but only 3 races with a new made crankshaft
and one brand new block ,a brand new crank, one original SS/SZ oil pan , one oilpump SS/SZ ,one Valve cover etc. If interest please PM.

Merry christmas at all members

Uli

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
750 Giulietta blocks

Add to this thread, for Ulrichgta, what are the serial block numbers?
owen
akron, ohio
small town racer!

·
Registered
649 Posts
engine blocks

They both have no serial Numbers because they were spare blocks!
Uli

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Sandcast Veloce block

I going to ride this thread, It appears there are a couple of these early blocks out there to be had. The question is what are the values for a true veloce sandcast block?
Lastly what value would these Veloce blocks add to be in a 1300cc Alfa of that vintage?
owen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts