Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dark blue currently, originally the sky blue, (name escapes me). Has a 1600 from a 1965 GTV with custom air filter, stock 1300 engine is good included and on a pallet. Great mechanical condition, runs drives. Paint, body and much else performed (I believe) by Alfas Unlimited as there are papers, and as told to me through previous seller. Car was last owned and tracked by John Igleheart, a former East Coast race/vintage race car driver who seems to have started in the 50/60ss with racing. Alleged to have been part of a 40 car collection he had, last of them to be sold was this Alfa. Interior needs attention. Seats are best of it, no tools, or jack, but spare is there....

Car is in North Carolina, last titled in South Carolina, seems to have lived between Connecticut, Florida, New York,.. body is great with good fit panels. Top appears to be true to the car as it's understood they fit the car they were built for due to variation in hand fabrication/assembly. Solid as competent Alfas are. I can register/title the car for Washington where I am, or buyer can sort it to their preference... Numbers confirmed with Marco our man in Italy,... what else? Ask me... Oh, right, the whole Mille Miglia eligible mention too, pre 57 as I recall. Soft top is there and well too, tan.... have to ask my buddy for photos of that... A mixed folder of papers are included, can help sort, verify what I'm talking about..

Known Cons; Dent in the hardtop, missing jack and tools,... an outward ding from inside of rear quarter where battery hold down seems to have been unsecured at some point in the cars adventures.

Of course will post more pics at an all too slow a pace, focusing more on people who actually go to see the car,... or such.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I think that the car is too expensive considering all of the parts you need to properly restore the car. The person installed a split case gear box, 1600 engine, newer radiator and other parts.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Depends on your intended use. As a drive or tour car, this looks nice and well sorted. Would want pictures of the dash and underside, but given what these early cars are going for, doesn't seem to unrealistic of a first ask price.

Reactions: weiliwen
1 - 6 of 6 Posts