Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me in the right direction to purchase an original replacement steering wheel for a 1956, AR 1900CSS. If anyone has a contact for a place to refurbish the existing, it would be considered. From what i understand, that is more expensive then buying a new one???
Any help in the matter will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hi,
The picture shows a retrofit NARDI steering wheel. If you want to restore it send it directly to Nardi.

Now, if you want the original steering wheel fitted in your car when new, the steering wheel was different. I think there is 1 or 2 for sale on the net. Try the net

Chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
The picture shows a retrofit NARDI steering wheel. If you want to restore it send it directly to Nardi.

Now, if you want the original steering wheel fitted in your car when new, the steering wheel was different. I think there is 1 or 2 for sale on the net. Try the net

Chris
Thank you Chris. The one on the Net is not the right one either, that is for a Berlina, not the CSS. Will try Nardi.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Ok, I thought it was the good one => see

On tipo 4, very few cars have the original steering wheels. The big majority are fitted with Nardi.

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
There's some nuance to this and it depends on what you mean by "original."

My belief is that if any of the coachbuilt 1900s were fitted with the Nardi floorshift/gearbox conversion they would also have gotten the Nardi wheel as part of the package.

I have seen very few (if any) TipoIVs without Nardi wheels.

-tj

Ok, I thought it was the good one => see

On tipo 4, very few cars have the original steering wheels. The big majority are fitted with Nardi.

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
I had my original Nardi wheel restored by a guy in California. I'm happy to provide his information to you if you PM me.

IMG_2067 by tjveloce, on Flickr

IMG_2328 by tjveloce, on Flickr

-tj

Can anyone point me in the right direction to purchase an original replacement steering wheel for a 1956, AR 1900CSS. If anyone has a contact for a place to refurbish the existing, it would be considered. From what i understand, that is more expensive then buying a new one???
Any help in the matter will be greatly appreciated View attachment 1615182 .

·
Registered
312 Posts
GT, that is a nice period Nardi. You cannot buy anything close to that new. Clean it up and use it. If you don't keep it and want to sell it LMK. I collect period Nardi's and have had a 1900 for 40 years.

When you get the wheel off, take some photos of the back, the logo or date stamp. And measure it, is it 420mm?

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts