Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Available now on UK auction platform "Collecting Cars" great example that I have owned since 2017 - I have spent circa £25,000.00GBP whilst in my ownership to ensure it drives as it should and everything works correctly. This includes engine out engine bay repaint and detail, new wiring harness throughout, rebuilding carburettor, mechanical fuel pump, water pump, brakes fully rebuilt with new Girling slave cylinders thought, all drums re machined true and new shoe liners all around. Suspension re bushed, new custom made replacement balanced prop shaft etc, etc.

Matching numbers certified by Alfa Romeo Milano, copies of all Italian registration documents tracing owners back to 1955. It remained in Italy until late 2004 when it was purchased by an Athens based lawyer who registered it in Greece. I purchased it from him in Athens and imported it into the UK where it is currently registered. It has a current FIVA passport and is eligible for most historic events like Mille Miglia, California Mille etc, that is when we get past the current troubles in our world. It is a lovely, well sorted motor car. Post purchase I can also offer the option of 3 months free professional heated storage, where the car will be kept under a car cover on trickle charge whilst the new owner arranges transportation / shipping. Click this link to see full description and 245 images of the car 1955 ALFA ROMEO GIULIETTA SPRINT 750B

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Free heated storage and assistance with shipping / transport following sale, true value for a Mille Miglia eligible car.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
About right considering today’s climate. Still slightly in favor of the buyer getting from all appearances a fantastic Sprint- well done!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sold today for the equivalent of approx $78.5k plus (I assume) 6% buyer's fee.
The car is noted as unsold on the auction site, this is a car that should be valued at considerably more than the $78k considering its rarity and condition, I have seen younger models listed for € 95-110 in Europe.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I do not see this car selling for that money...... ever! Something is not right.
Is it sold Greig? I'm sure you have it in your archive. Hope all is well in SA
Ric

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
If not sld, I would love to talk. SOrry, I missed this earlier @Southwood . You can contact me at [email protected].

EDIT: Got a reply for the auction site and the car indeed sold at that value. I also think it is market for those (Over Euro 100 might be asking but that's not where the market is). I think it was a slight deal for the buyer. If I would have known, I would have gone higher. I also think that the car would have brought a higher result on Bringatrailer. That's my guesses and 2 cents for today. Hope the new owner will enjoy this car.

Mike

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Here's another, just hit the market.

Www.stelvio.dk

No affiliation.
Thank you for the link. THe interior is terrible and the overall condition of #349 is several steps below #881 that just sold. But I do like that it has the column shift. It would need a new interior and likely some engine and underside detailing. So the asking, almost Euro 30k over #881, is a bit unreasonable, given the condition.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I looked at #349 when I bought #555 (both in Sweden at the time). I think the price at the time was about £13k GBP. Mind you that was 13 years ago. Various things put me off it then - the DIY interior most obviously, but also the sealed-in sills and unknown state of what's under the metal in that area.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The car is noted as unsold on the auction site, this is a car that should be valued at considerably more than the $78k considering its rarity and condition, I have seen younger models listed for € 95-110 in Europe.
Hello Veloce,
I have one 1955 sprint to restore. Complete and original. To know if it is worth the initiate such a restauration I would like to know how such a car - 1955 sprint matching verde chiaro - could be valuated restored "a regola d'arte".
Thank you for help !
ZZARCHI

1 - 15 of 15 Posts