Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:|Ducati 65TL

I’ve had this little Ducati since 2012. I bought it straight from Italy, in running and remarkably original condition, with a few small exceptions;
• the fuel tank is the incorrect type
• the rear shocks are the incorrect type.
• the rear light incorrect type.

The Ducati 65 TL ’Turismo Lusso’ was the top spec luxury 65T model. There were 3 model in the range, The 65T, 65TL and 65TS

The 65 was the culmination of the revolutionary Cucciolo. The range ran from 1952-1958

Specs:

Engine Air-cooled single cylinder 4-stroke, 65.38 cc. 44 mm ∅ x 43 mm, 8:1 compression
Top speed 70 km/h (43 mph)
Power 2.5 hp @ 5,600 rpm
Transmission 3 speed
Suspension front telescopic fork, rear swingarm
Weight 65T and 65TL 59 kg (130 lb), 65TS 54 kg (119 lb) (dry)

As it arrived in 2012

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The restoration began in january 2013.
Wheel rebuild; Re-chrome rims and hubs, and then rebuild with stainless spokes.

Before and after shots;

Before

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The good is that you don't need much paint!
Nice to see an old italian bike being restored.
Yes, not a lot of paint. However identifying the correct silver colour for the tank was difficult. i can not find colour picture of another TL.
Far rarer than the T, that were all dark red.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking for a vintage small displacement Italian bike, maybe I need to plan a trip to Italy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

The Biggest part of the restoration has been the tank. First problem was to find one. The bike had arrived with wrong one.
Fortunately the search was made ‘slightly' easy by the fact the TL shares the same tank with the more common T (different colours)

I finally found one in Italy. It was described as requiring repair. with a few low res images. When it arrived it was far worse than i expected.

Im far from a panel beater, so i did my repairs in small sections at a time, so as not to lose the correct form.

·
Super Moderator
11,587 Posts
WoW! Just like '65 Giulia restoration! Nice job.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts