Alfa Romeo Forums banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Siata Daina GS - hubcaps

It took quite a while to get my hubcaps finished. Today I got them. Please see the attached pictures!
If somebody wants to have a set of those please let me know. The shop is asking now € 252,00 a piece incl. VAT without shipping costs. Its much cheaper now compared to what I paid because they have all the tools now but I do not want to make a business with it.
Please check the measurements. The inner diameter with the spring-ring is 19,00cm. The wheels are shaped the way you can see on the picture.
The hubcaps are made from polished aluminum and are stamped with the Siata lettering which could be painted black. They look gorgeous and fit perfectly!

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hannes,

Is it possible that I saw these last year at the 27ème Salon Champenois du Véhicule de Collection in Reims?
I spook withsomebody who was working on the hubcaps at that time, the result seemd to be very good.

I am affraid they will not fit my wheels (15"), but I will check in the week-end

Thank you for posting the result!

Jelle

·
Registered
13 Posts
Siata hubcaps

Jelle,
Sorry, I haven't been at Reims, not even the hubcaps.
I had one original and a craftsmen here in Vienna reproduced them.
Hannes

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hannes,

I checked my photos from Reims, and clearly somebody else is having a go at it as well....yours seem to be a lot nicer then the ones I saw.
There are many different types, I prefer yours to the one I saw. There are however also some that are build up of "rings" with a small isc in the Middle.
I believe SL 0170 had those.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hannes,

As I thought, the caps will not fit on my wheels.
I will need a different type. Thought the pressing for SIATA looks impressive, so if I can find suitble hubcaps he might be able to press SIATA in them.

Regards,
Jelle

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Im Michael from Germany.

I own Siata Daina Sport SL 0319 B and Grand Sport SL 0244 B.

Im interested in a set of steel wheels and hub caps for my GS.
In the Siata Daina brochure they offer 14 Inch and 15 Inch steel wheels as well as 15 Inch Knock offs.
It is interesting to see you have the 15 Inch Version as I thought they do not exist.
Both shoud have recessed valves.

May be you can make it clear.

Who has something availabe or knows where to get?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Michael

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello all,
A friend of mine bought this unusual car about a year ago.
It has a Mercedes-Benz chassis, engine, gearbox, and differential.
( w187 type 220, 1952)
We still don't know who was responsible for the body. Because there are some similarities to the Siata I replied to this this tread, hoping there is someone who knows more about it.
The car is most definitly not a converted Lancia Aurelia as many people think.
It has a separate chassis,and inner wings, bulkhead, floors, and steel dashboard are totally different from the Aurelia. Doors are different in size. Front windscreen stand much steeper at the Aurelia. So it's not an Aurelia.
But if someone could point us in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Hello all,
A friend of mine bought this unusual car about a year ago.
It has a Mercedes-Benz chassis, engine, gearbox, and differential.
( w187 type 220, 1952)
We still don't know who was responsible for the body. Because there are some similarities to the Siata I replied to this this tread, hoping there is someone who knows more about it.
The car is most definitly not a converted Lancia Aurelia as many people think.
It has a separate chassis,and inner wings, bulkhead, floors, and steel dashboard are totally different from the Aurelia. Doors are different in size. Front windscreen stand much steeper at the Aurelia. So it's not an Aurelia.
But if someone could point us in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Since nobody else replied, let me chime in:
First of all, I think this car deserves its own thread -- so, don't hesitate to start one in this forum.
Secondly, the car seems to have Italian styling, reminding me of some work Michelotti did for/with Ghia Aigle, but the lines at tail end and the use of existing lights indicate it could also be an "in the style of" hobby project.

I understand that Mercedes (similar to what Alfisti can get from Alfa Romeo) may have an archive where owners can obtain information about build and sales dates and where the car first was sold to. Have any of these records been checked?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Siata plates

I find that many Siata owners and restorers need a high-quality replacement Vehicle ID plate or Oil plate for their projects. This is often because many of our cars have had engine replacements that have required modifications to the bulkhead where the plates were once mounted

My goal is to produce plates as close to original as possible and that requires that the stamping of the word “SIATA” is correctly embossed. Most reproductions have letters that are flat instead of elevated in the middle of the font. The graphics on the originals were rolled, a method not common today. We’ve employed a high-precision laser engraving system that is far improved from other printing methods and the results are quite extraordinary. Else it has the same imperfectness as the originals. Engraving depth is ca. 0,2 mm.

I have no profit motive here, if I make one for myself I might as well make a few more for other hobbyists. I’ll be selling either an Oil plate for 99€ or the VIN plate for 45€ plus shipping which roughly covers the cost of the limited production (and surely not the costs of the design work).

I’m just about to place my order, so I need to know if you’re interested within in the next two weeks. Please respond to this email so I can add you to the list of purchasers. Payment can be done via pay pal or bank transfer within the EU.

I’ve also reproduced the number stamps needed for the VIN plate in the correct font and size, so stamping of your data is also possible upon request.

Michael

PS for pictures please send me a PM

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hello Michael,

I believe you'll find the originals were acid-etched to give the relief that is evident. Is your laser-engraving process going to produce a truly authentic appearance?

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dick Irish's car

Hi 56alfaspider,

I think you're referring to Mr. Irish's Siata Gran Sport (not coupe). Here is an image of the car, there are additional ones on the cliffreuter.com site.

Attachments

141 - 156 of 156 Posts