Alfa Romeo Forums banner

121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Siata friends

As the owner of SL 0330B coupe since 2007 i know The red car very well.
Tony Adriaansen from Antwerp made me an enthousiast so i wanted one to.

Now the red car is in restoration at Classic Skills (http://www.classicskills.nl) in the Netherlands.

I have send the link to the owner and restorer so they can give more information.

My car will be ready next week and will be presented at Touring Superleggera at Techno Classica in Essen Germany in complete retored condition.

With original 93 hp engine, special crank and Weber 33DRP5 carburettors it
is with all original accessories exeptional.

The problem was that my car had a modified front and rear and was twisted etc etc.when i bought it Via Chr.Pund (France) from Daniel Brooks who wanted to do Paris Peking? with the car.Before that the car was in longterm ownership at the collection of Mario Righini Italy.

It took nearly 6 years to complete the project.

Some pictures of the red car enclosed when i first saw it in antwerp 10 years ago.

I will post next week pictures of SL0330B in Essen.

109-0982_IMG.jpg

109-0987_IMG.jpg

109-0980_IMG_2.jpg

109-0976_IMG.jpg

109-0978_IMG.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
Siata

When you restored the car what did you do with the old grill? I would be interested in buying it if you were to sell it. Perhaps the whole old front clip.
James

·
Registered
1 Posts
steering wheel siata

Best car enthusiasts.

Let me first introduce myself as classicskills.
We are a restoration business for vintage cars.

I got a tip that siata no SL0323B on this forum was looked for.
We are proud to have this here for restoration you can follow the project on www.classicskills.nl

For the steering wheel of this Siata we had an order to create a complete new one.
As a perfect copy of the original.
Now we have for three other Siata,s create an new steering wheel.
We also create one for the beautiful SL0330B.

Regards
Noek

Attachments

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Because there is some possibility of confusion, I must point out the following:

The red car shown by the photos shared by "snah" is SL*0322*B.

The steering wheel center in the new wheel shown by "classicskills" is not typical of the centers that I've seen in those wheels. It is not far off from being "correct" but it is easily noticeable to myself ... and perhaps others. I will share a photo later of what I believe to be more typical. It will take no more effort to make this part correctly than as an approximation. Although SL*0322*B had this same style steering wheel, not many other Daina series cars had it. A number of late 300BC cars had the same wheel but without the riveted "star" reinforcement at the center. Some Siata 208 series cars had the same basic wheel as well, again mostly non-reinforced, but some of the "CS" series had wheels that varied in any case.

John

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm about to start overhauling the SL0216 engine in order to replace the Ford V8 is on the car now.
Is there any particular information for this car ??
Also is there any available source for the intake manifold, carbs and header that are missing ??
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Restoration SL0217

Hi Pakka,
I'm the owner of SL0217. We finished restoration of the car just a few month ago. Car had an Alfa engine and heavily modified chassis and underbody, same as SL0216 must have because of the V8 engine and gearbox. Bought an original engine from SL0194 without manifolds and carbs. These parts are almost impossible to find. Got a pair of Weber 32 DRP6 (identical to DRP5 but made of bronze) at the Padova classic car fair (auto e moto d'epoca) which will beginn next week.
Restoration work was done by an Italian mechanic near Brescia. He worked wonders in finding a number of parts you won't believe that they are still existing.
For further information on your car contact iicarJohn (John de Boer) in this forum. I would be happy to help as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the reply zilli888. I assume that the SL0216 is the same as SL0217. IS there any photos from the under body modifications you did. I'm planning to do the same later, so any information is welcome.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
SL0216 and SL0217

Attached is a listing that highlights what we think is known thus far of the histories of SL*0216* and SL*0217*. Some distractions and "private" information have been edited. Additional study could be done to attempt to learn more about the earlier history of either car. Maybe both?

Engine SL*0215* is also known to have been separated from its chassis and sits in another car today. Engine SL*0214* is missing but chassis SL*0214* has had engine SL*0246*B in it for many years as a replacement. Other similar cars are also missing their original engines. So, there is no shame or stigma associated with using an engine from another car.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looking at the SL0216 instruments, I see a configuration with 3 clocks that I never see again. Is that any modification of that era (Type A must have 2+1 clocks) or someone did it on purpose.
Maybe any photo from the past will clear the fog

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Instruments?

I have five photos of SL*0216* in my files. They date from 1972 (one) and 1983 (four). I am scanning them now. I will share them with you directly if you like and then you may decide if you wish to share them here. My email address is in the pdf file document already shared.

There is nothing definitive about the instrument configuration even though the dash is shown ... with a wooden panel covering the area that would have carried the instruments. Hence, I believe we will find that the instruments in the car today are not the original from the car. There may be some signs remaining if you look at the back side of the dash panel of your car?

Attached here, a period test of a car that should be quite similar to yours. It is almost identical to SL*0214* but the wiring loom clips are welded in slightly different locations. This might even be a test of SL*0216*? It could be one of a few other possibilities as well. The magazine is "Auto Sport Review" of September 1952.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Appreciate John. For now I prefer directly.You have my email anyway.
You see, it's a Saturday night here and I'm dealing with that. My other concern is the manifold and the carbs, as the one I have is an Abarth with Zenith's. I don't know if it was an option of that era for the Siata GS like it was for Fiat 1400.

·
Registered
218 Posts
John,

I just went through some old notes I had, and I can confirm that the Siata GS Spider I bought in the early 1960's was SL 0217. I bought it from a fellow in Lansing, Michigan who had a Volvo repair garage, and he had installed a Volvo engine. That was my first Siata Gran Sport Spider.

Peter Zobian

·
Registered
13 Posts
Siata 0217 restoration

Hi Peter,
That's good news! Thank you for that information!
May I ask a favor? Is it possible to get copies of those specific files?
Thanks so much.
Hannes

·
Registered
13 Posts
Abarth manifold-Zenith carbs

Pakka,
Jiri Langer tried this configuration with his SL*233*B and told me that the car was running rather badly. These specific Zeniths do not have an acceleration pump and tended to run over. Search alfabb for more information: "1952 Siata Dania Coupe".
Hannes

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pakka,
Jiri Langer tried this configuration with his SL*233*B and told me that the car was running rather badly. These specific Zeniths do not have an acceleration pump and tended to run over. Search alfabb for more information: "1952 Siata Dania Coupe".
Hannes
I've got the correct carbs and manifold now. I hope there will be no problem.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts