·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
What a wonderful car! I know nothing about this car or the time period, but would love to hear about its history...

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Gee,

I think you should buy it, drive it up here, and let me "store" it for you!!:rolleyes:

Hmmmm, you don't think the owner would trade for my Spider do ya??

·
Premium Member
23,106 Posts
Is this a recent rebody on a 6C 2500 chassis? That remote shifter linkage does not look vintage 1952.

Andrew

·
Registered
111 Posts
Someone should chat with this guy and get the story...maybe this was a barnyard find....recreation or original....it looks stunning!

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gee,

I think you should buy it, drive it up here, and let me "store" it for you!!:rolleyes:

Hmmmm, you don't think the owner would trade for my Spider do ya??

LOL. That thing is quite stunning is it not? If I had the funds to purchase something like that I would last maybe 4 weeks before one of the purist would send a hit man to get me. Because if there were no salt on roads or inclement weather I would have it out all the time :D. I just believe they are meant to be driven, not sitting in a museum ;).

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
This car is spawning about as many threads on AlfaBB as the Portugal barn find.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Interesting Alfa- I saw it on ebay, and figured it would get some interest on the BB. Thought it would show up on one of the Limited Production threads (as a one off?), but it kind of falls between the cracks, as L.P. goes from 1910-1949, and then picks up 1960-1977- I guess there were no Limited Production Alfas during the fifties! :p
Love the shots of the engine- a real jewel.:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
"If I had the funds to purchase something like that I would last maybe 4 weeks before one of the purist would send a hit man to get me."

Well spoken !

So what if its a recreation.........

It does not come much prettier than than this !

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
It's a "bitsa" based on some real 6c2500 components. The body is a poor copy of the Vignale bodied Alfa 412 (8c2900A with 12c37 engine) that ran in the 1951 Mille Miglia.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts