Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Among the hundreds (?) of models in tha Alfa Museum, this pre-war yellow Ferrari Transporter is on display. The plaque says it was used for the 1938 Tripoli GP. I don't know much about these vans and don't have any more info as I managed to only get half of the plaque in the frame :eek:

A high res version of the picture is here (2592 x 1944 px).

Break Left Outings

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
1953 LE MANS
This is probably the picture you're mentioning, Ruedi.
I believe it was posted by Boudewijn, who has posted many great unseen pictures before.
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/attachments/alfa-trucks-buses-marine-aviation-rail-industrial/84160d1194684703-1950s-scuderia-ferrari-alfa-truck-1953-le-mans-alfa-romeo-transporter-6c-3000-cm.jpg

Gila in Italy makes a model of a similar transporter. In fact, it might actually be the same transporter without the trailer, but at a later date, painted a different color..

http://www.gilamodelli.com/images/image/bisarche/222postb.jpg

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
trouvé ici
transporteur f1 voitures d' endurance etc...... - Photos FORUM Photos - FORUM Sport Auto

"Genova, 1936:
les trois Alfa Romeo 12C de la Scuderia sont pretes à être embarquées sur le "Rex" pour New-York, ou elles vont disputer la coupe Vanderbilt, avec Nuvolari, Brivio et Farina, que Tazio va remporter.
le transatlantique "Rex" avait en aout 1933 battu le record de la traversée Gibraltar/New-York, en 4 jours 13 h et 58' soit à la moyenne de 29 miles marin (53 km/h)
un paquebot d'exception, pour une cargaison d'exception"

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
trouvé ici
transporteur f1 voitures d' endurance etc...... - Photos FORUM Photos - FORUM Sport Auto

"Genova, 1936:
les trois Alfa Romeo 12C de la Scuderia sont pretes à être embarquées sur le "Rex" pour New-York, ou elles vont disputer la coupe Vanderbilt, avec Nuvolari, Brivio et Farina, que Tazio va remporter.
le transatlantique "Rex" avait en aout 1933 battu le record de la traversée Gibraltar/New-York, en 4 jours 13 h et 58' soit à la moyenne de 29 miles marin (53 km/h)
un paquebot d'exception, pour une cargaison d'exception"

Given that Kodak and Agfa color film came on the market in 1936, the fact that this is a color picture is quite remarkable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Stu and others,

I need contact to the person who bought the 3 axle Fiat 643N Ferrari transporter at Pebble Beach a few years ago. I have a 2 axle version, used by Fiat ( unfortunately not Ferrari). same condition.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Are you thinking of Tom Shaughnessy from San Clemente, Ca?
Stu,

The Ferrari transporter of Tom's which I saw about two years ago was sooo rusty you could almost see through it :eek:. I've seen the restured transporter in photos; very similar but restored vs. a scruffy barn-find.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I don't have Tom's phone number or address, but you contact his as member Shaughnessy by PM or e-mail at Ferrari Chat

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
I don't have Tom's phone number or address, but you contact his as member Shaughnessy by PM or e-mail at Ferrari Chat
Tom Shaughnessy's contact information can be found about 2/3 down on this page. He either is or was the owner of the transporter in question (see here).

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Stu,

The Ferrari transporter of Tom's which I saw about two years ago was sooo rusty you could almost see through it :eek:. I've seen the restured transporter in photos; very similar but restored vs. a scruffy barn-find.

Yes, it was a mess when he got it, but I think it was more like 5 rather than 2 years ago. He had it at the French and Italian car show before I moved to Salt Lake City and then on to Portland...

41 - 53 of 53 Posts