Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
If I remember correctly, the Imperial Palace use to display an Alfa that belonged to one of Mussolini's mistresses. I have photos somewhere, but they are really buried and I'm sure it wasnt the 39 compressore.
http://www.imperialpalace.com/autos.php#
I photographed this ex-Mussolini mistress' 6C2500 in 1975 when it was in the possession of Ron Keno of Mohawk, NY. Has it turned up anywhere in the past 30+ years?

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
I may have misspoken in my reply to Cris, and you, italcarguy, may be right. I was working from memory...which is not a good thing! I have gobs of photos and links at home and work, and so far haven't been able to substantiate the 6C2300 at Imperial Palace. So I'll concede the point gracefully and bow to yours and Cris' better information. I know from your other posts that you have pretty good data at your fingertips! But if I come across my photo or other reference to a 6C2300 at IP, I'll post it.

On the Imperial Palace website somewhere, there's a 6C2500 berlinetta for sale (or was, recently) claiming SN 915030. No mention of Mussolini or Petacci in the description. Was your #915033 a typo or was there website wrong and the number is actually 030? If both of are correct, do you have a photo of 033?

In their "sold" listing, two 6C2500s are listed, one simply a 1939 Alfa Romeo and the other a 1939 Alfa Romeo 6C2500. Perhaps duplicate entries on their part? No photos or details at all for either car.

And in older links to IP or elsewhere, I've not been able to find any photos or other info on the Mussolini car that reportedly was or is in their possession, so I have at this time no idea what it looks like.

·
Registered
168 Posts
More than one

Hi

Mussolini's mistress car is alive and well in totally original condition and patina. It's
a 2300 Pescara. It's not for sale. It's very beautiful.
Then at least two cars are attributed to Petacci. The one I saw in NY was definitely a 6C2500 and I have a photo of the badge to confirm. What I do not have is concrete confirmation of the attribution other than the news story about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.