Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1932 Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 distributor rotor help!

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  alfasprinty 
#1 ·
Looking for help in locating a distributor rotor for a 6C 1750. We deal exclusively in Ferrari but have experience with old Alfa's but I can't find this to save my life...ANY HELP?

Thank you all in advance.
Metal Auto part Copper Cylinder Steel

Auto part

See less See more
#5 ·
Which car are you working on (by chassis number) and which engine does it have?

If approaching "original", I might presume you have a Bosch distributor? If so, what are the numbers on the distributor body itself? From your photos, I have doubts that you are working with all-original Bosch parts when it comes to the cap and rotor? This does not mean they are all bad. It only means that there may have been some fiddling in the past when certain parts were not available from factory sources.

Jim Stokes in England may be able to help?
AFRA in Italy may be able to help?

You can find them if you search diligently.

Best of luck!

John

#6 ·
Sir - I had just this issue looking for a replacement for a 1938 6C engine. I see the suggestions of Jim Stokes and Italparts, both good ideas. I found one on prewarcar.com and a dealer name of Yani Tobi supplied another, both were in good condition and greatly reduced by misfire issues on a Bosch distributor. You can also get them made but "ooch", the price. I went via an aircraft restoration company but it was not viable economically. Colin Howard of The DesignCast in New Zealand may also be able to help, he's a font of knowledge about 8C's and they used some parts in common.
[/QUOTE]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.