Alfa Romeo Forums banner

441 - 446 of 446 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
I'm looking for a source for replacement brushes for my Magneti Marelli DN44 generator. With the understanding that there are precious few 1900s here in North America, does anyone know of a North American source for replacement parts for Magneti Marelli?

-tj

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
I'm curious if any of my fellow Tipo IV owner/restorers have a photo of the gaskets that go in between the carburetor body and intake manifold. I need some and I don't know if they're one or two pieces, or if they're part of the engine gasket kit as sold by CA, OKP, and the rest.

-tj

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm curious if any of my fellow Tipo IV owner/restorers have a photo of the gaskets that go in between the carburetor body and intake manifold. I need some and I don't know if they're one or two pieces, or if they're part of the engine gasket kit as sold by CA, OKP, and the rest.

-tj
Hello Tj,
I did not find these gaskets, neither in the gasket kit nor on their own.
I cut them out of special 0.8mm paper, in the shape of intake manifold. One piece by carburator.

Yves

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
Yves,

Thank you for confirming my suspicion that they would need to be fabricated. I didn’t see any gaskets in the photos of the available gasket kits that looked like they matched the right shape for the carb and manifold.

-tj

Hello Tj,
I did not find these gaskets, neither in the gasket kit nor on their own.
I cut them out of special 0.8mm paper, in the shape of intake manifold. One piece by carburator.

Yves

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
441 - 446 of 446 Posts