Alfa Romeo Forums banner

181 - 182 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm still confused about how this bushing is supposed to work. The pins prevent the triangulating arms from rotating on the bushing, but perhaps the entire unit can rotate on the bolt which goes through both the bushings, the arms and the body?

I'm also confused as to how the entire bushing is pressed in to the top mount. I see the set screw which keeps it in place but I haven't been able to get it to move a a drift and a dead blow hammer and I don't want to damage the entire axle. I will need to find a puller with a cylinder large enough to go over the bushing.

Am I correct in believing the entire bushing is pressed in to the top mount?

-tj in the Cruz Mtns
Yes correct bodyshutz in your Flickr album.Also on my car. But how is possible that 4cars/4 have this particular paint?
And note that 1car have only an owner(father and son), one is a never restored(bodyshop car), one is the car of one of the most important 1900 collectors(in the world) .
One comes from Mexico(mine), one from France(bodyshop car), one from a Nation near Italy and one from Italy.
Probably on some cars Touring did not apply bodyshutz on this part or probably is only for few cars. With or without bschutze this little alu panel is not visible because covered by a rubber carpet.
It is not a detail that many know.
Probably removing bodyshutz appear this paint also on your car.
Note that martellato have same bodysculze effect so painting in black it appears like a bodysculze.

10473_06.jpg 106722_f56431ae05d93e75e21c8a920038cfb6.jpg

·
Registered
216 Posts
And here another one in its original condition on the French Tipo4.
IMG-20191206-WA0017.jpg

181 - 182 of 182 Posts