Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I came across an untitled folder on my computer the other day and it turned out to be full of pics from a classic car show in Bristol on the 24th April 2010 that I had somehow completely forgotten about.

The show had a strong Italian theme I have posted some pics already this week on my blog.

I wonder if any one can tell me anything about this gorgeous 1900 Super Sprint Series 2 by Touring ?

I ask because it has unusual, I hesitate to say reversed NASCAR style, vents in the rear window's.

Would these windows be plastic and part of the original specification ?

I have looked on racingsportscars.com to see if there is any discernable racing history for these vehicles but I suspect Martin has many 1900's lumped in together on his excellent source of web information.

Does anyone know if this particular car delivered on 31st March 1954 reg 6122 HX or any other the 1900 Super Sprints by Touring has a racing history ?

Sorry I don't have a fantastic collection of books to look these things up.

Thanking you in anticipation

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Yep, my father owned that car when he was about 18 or 19 ... so that would have been in 1961 or 1962. It was pale blue then, and he had a tyre explode which took out the rear n/s wheel arch as the remains flailed around. I've just asked him about those vents and he cannot remember. Somewhere, there are some very small b&w photos of that car. I'll go take a look.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
No, he never raced it. I've no doubt that he scared countless tasty young ladies in the passenger seat, but let's face it, that thing was no racer. Pretty and looks quick enough, but that's about it. The A6G was another story, however.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, he never raced it. I've no doubt that he scared countless tasty young ladies in the passenger seat, but let's face it, that thing was no racer. Pretty and looks quick enough, but that's about it. The A6G was another story, however.
I see what you mean thanks for introducing the A6G into my world Alex, that's one hot potatoe :cool:

Killer Bull - Lamborghini Islero today on Gettin' a lil' psycho on tyres !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts