Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ALFISTI,
i am wondering if it is possible to fit a giulietta collectore with 2weber 40dco3 carbs on a 1900 SUPER engine.
Thank you for help!

·
Premium Member
21,700 Posts
There is a Type 3 Sprint in the Bay Area with DCO3s on it, a custom-done manifold setup.
Andrew

·
Push hard and live
9,620 Posts
I must wonder if DCOs were ever fitted to a 1900. If the plan is to modify the engine for improved performance, there are a LOT of better routes than DCO.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hi Don,
According to the red Anselmi 1900 book there would have been 40 DCO3 's available for the 1900 TI .
There must have been only a few I guess as the parts were not mentioned in the 1900 parts catalog.

Thierry

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
weber 40dco3 are made from 1955/56 to 59 and then replaced by more the more easy tunable 40dcoe2

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must wonder if DCOs were ever fitted to a 1900. If the plan is to modify the engine for improved performance, there are a LOT of better routes than DCO.
Hello DON, could you please contact me by mp to inform me of what those routes are? i don't have any idea. Thank you. ZZARCHI

·
Push hard and live
9,620 Posts
One might hope that if DCOs were an option, then DCOEs could be made to fit between the engine and wheel well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts