Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear knowers

What kind of paint shall I use for the body parts as front suspension, rear suspension etc etc on my 1900 Sprint to get it as original as possible.

Black powder coating ?
Eastwood chassis black ?
Red glossy candy:p

Thanks for your advise

Björn in Sweden

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one ? Anyone !

·
Registered
53 Posts
To the best of my knowledge most Italian cars of that era painted the suspension components satin black. The Eastwood Extreme Chassis Black in satin provides a very nice match. Do yourself a favor and have the components media blasted, then paint them with self-etching primer. Eastwood does sell a black primer which is very good, however I still recommend using the self-etching primer first. The under side of the chassis usually had body shutz undercoating applied. If you are going to body shutz the underside, I recommend performing the same process as the suspension components. You can even use POR-15 before you body schutz the underside.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To the best of my knowledge most Italian cars of that era painted the suspension components satin black. The Eastwood Extreme Chassis Black in satin provides a very nice match. Do yourself a favor and have the components media blasted, then paint them with self-etching primer. Eastwood does sell a black primer which is very good, however I still recommend using the self-etching primer first. The under side of the chassis usually had body shutz undercoating applied. If you are going to body shutz the underside, I recommend performing the same process as the suspension components. You can even use POR-15 before you body schutz the underside.
1900CSS
Thanks for your advice you confirm my own thoughts how to do it.
rgds
Björn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts