Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Brilliant, not sure which I like better the side shot or rear 3/4... just brilliant.

Any idea what it had for a lump?

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an Alfa 1900 which is a 1884 (from 1950 to 1953) or 1995cc (from 1954 to 1957) cast iron motor, with the old, rachet style vale adjusters and not tappets, so it will only rev to 5500. The 2 2bbl downdaft version, as used in most of the coupes (but not in the berlinas), put out about 130 hp...this one is probably tuned, so mabye 120 hp at the rear wheels.... It probably doesn't weigh more than 2500 pounds. At one time I had a 1884cc (hot, 2 carb version) 1900 TI berlina, ex Bonnier....wish I never got rid of it :(

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From Luzzago:

Dear Sir,

The car was bodied on a '50ties tubular chassis , the work began in 1976 and
finished in 1982.
The body work was performed by a wellknown italian company.
All the mechanicals are alfa romeo 1900, the engine is a 1900 twin spark
engine(double ignition).
The car was never registered because it is a prototype.
It is possible to make the CSAI Historic regularity fiche and it could be
possible to register as 1900 Alfa Romeo unique example.
In the next days we'll make more detailed photos of the car on our website.

I apologize for my brief answer, the big quantity of mail received don't
allow me to write deeper informations.

If you need further details please don't hesitate to contact me at the
following number.

I am sure I'll please you registering your email address in our newsletter,
in this way you'll be always informed about new car arrivals and our
activities.

If you don’t agree please let me know I’ll remove your address.

Your Sincerely, Cristiano Luzzago.

I know nothing of a 1900 twin-spark motor, but perhaps Conrero or someone similar built one. I have also written back to see if the tub chassis is modern or from the 1950s, as if it is, it could be made by Gilco, and one of the Gilco chassis that has been talked about in the Disco thread. I thought the body was made in the 60s. Perhaps this is just a modern tube chassis car with a unique 1900 motyor from the 1950s, built in the 1980s. Before it was put up for sale at Luzzago, I had never seen or heard of it...

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
For documentation purposes, here are some pictures from the Luzzago web site. I modified the pictures to fit AlfaBB. The original pictures (and many more) and Luzzago's description of the car can be found here.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
FYI: From this thread:
Juniorz said:
Hi to all!

Yesterday I was there, at the Luzzago auction.
The car is, in real view, very very nice, but it's an '80 design exercise on an original 1900 mechanics.

Sold by a telephon foreign offer at 91000 euro.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tubut said:

Do you happen to know what lot 24, the blue 1955 Alfa Giulietta sprint normale, small headlamp, column shift car, S/N 0159 finally went for? My wife wouldn't go beyond 25,000 Euros, so we didn't get it.

Thanks,
Stu

:( :( :(

·
Registered
252 Posts
Tipo said:
Yes you are right. Conrero made a twin plug 1900 engine. I have some photos from this engine.
But I don't think this is one of them. I posted some observations about the car on the other thread about it. Made from some very late [the cylinder head, for example] and very early [the front brakes!] 1900 bits...

But please do post the photos.

--Carter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts