Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the list and could use a bit of help/information.

Does any one have the engine torque specs for the rod and main bearings for a 1954 1900 engine? Also would any one know of a good work shop manual for the engine that is written in English:cool:

your help would be appreciated

Don

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
Hi Don, welcome to AlfaBB!

According to this thread, the 1900 engine must have evolved quite a bit over time. It may be necessary for you to post the engine number in order to get a precise answer.

You may also want to look up the newsletters and "Alfa Romeo 1900 savants" contacts provided on the Alfa 1900 register web site at www.ar1900reg.org. They probably can point you to English literature, if it exists.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the hunt continues!

I will try to chase down some of those leads that I scanned through on the 1900 web site news letters. Thanks

I believe this is a super or large bore motor but will have to check. I would imagine that the torque specs for the rods and mains would be the same or at least close to each other. I am also looking for cam timing specs in relation to the crank at top dead center. That is why I was looking for some English or even Italian literature as long as it has some pictures.

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
The AROC web site lists an Alfa Pub. #512 - Technical Specifications Manual (Italian) and a 1900 shop manual Alfa Pub. #583 - Clutch, Gearbox, Rear, Suspension (which normally would be Engine, Clutch, Gearbox -- maybe there is a word missing, but this manual seems to be in English).

Give Jim Neill (Papajam on AlfaBB) a call (see link above) -- he's one of the nicest and most helpful people I know and he probably can look up the specs for you and supply you with copies of these manuals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts