Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Bernhard, this car would be lucky to find its way to you and your shop! I would suggest that you contact Paul Vidler who photographed the wrecked car on Nov 20, 2014 and ask him if you have not already. Paul Vidler's Page - The Vintage Racing League
He is in Essex in the UK and also on Facebook.

The wheels look like Jaguar wheels but the rest of the car looks authentic.
Mark

·
Registered
9,416 Posts
but the rest of the car looks authentic.
Nope. One of many "tribute" cars (call them fakes, if you wish -- there are several threads on AlfaBB about them and this one is/was is not a very good example, as LHD is not period correct), may have been built with some 1900 parts or from a wrecked car, but certainly wasn't born this way at the factory.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Yes I have seen a few of these on eBay and some do look better than others. I also have seen the threads here on ABB about them. Perhaps I am not such a purist after all as I would welcome one into my garage. Preferably a left hand drive version since that is what I am familiar with.
The Touring or Pinin Farina 3 window 1900's are my favorites and I once tried to buy a popular red one that Tim G. now has, it was LHD.
Any of the 3 BAT cars would be welcome but BAT 9 would be most welcome!Alfa Romeo 1900 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1900 Barchetta.jpg

I would prefer a 'tribute' car that 'looks authentic' (with the correct wheels) over a 5 window coupe or a CSS-Z (blasphemy, I know) but that's just me. I'd really like the 1900 with the hood that folds up from each side, down the center line but could not copy & post the photo for some reason. Heck, I'd like to have the wrecked one after Bernhard 'had his way with it'!:)

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts