Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a new listing for a Giulia Super on bat.

Modified 1967 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super

Although the year is a bit confusing, write-up stating its a mixture of a '67 and a '72.
Looks more to me like a '72 model, with hanging pedals and tunnel handbrake.

Would be interesting to know how the body has been pieced together.

Looks like a fun road car though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The hanging pedals and brake booster as well as the handbrake don't seem consistent with a '67, and not the easiest thing to swap.

·
Super Moderator
10,813 Posts
I don't know about that serial number. It appears to be much too high for a 1967 model year car. I would be careful buying this car. Getting it titled in another state could be an issue
The Seller commented in BaT: The previous owner represented that front portion is 1972 and the rear 1967. The 2 portions were joined at the A-pillar. This explains the suspended pedals and single brake booster.

So it sounds like it has a '71 or later firewall, which explains the later VIN. It's too bad whoever assembled this didn't register it as a '72, but perhaps he had a title for the '67 and not for the '72. So yes, if the new owner lives in a state (like California) where the DMV wants to verify the VIN's of cars brought from out-of-state, that could be a problem. It would be interesting to know what VIN is on the paperwork that accompanies the car.

A simpler solution might be to just use it on the track and not worry about title & registration.

·
Super Moderator
10,813 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts