Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a motor from GTV 6 into a spider. I found a slightly wasted 74 spider convertible. This is my fifth one. So much rust I do re-weld steel under the driver seat. Since the motor was thrashed I was thinking about putting a GTV six motor under the hood. I don't think it's much bigger, probably a little taller and wider but it's definitely shorter. I know the tranny for the six is near the transaxle. Has anyone heard of this condo conversion before or my going to wing this alone. I do know that that six cylinder motor is one of the best ever made by Alfa. It does have more torque's and more horsepower. And I do believe with the twin turbo I can get up to 250 hp. I do want it to be entirely Alfa otherwise I'd be thinking about a Z 350 motor and tranny.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Has anyone put a motor from GTV 6 into a spider. I found a slightly wasted 74 spider convertible. This is my fifth one. So much rust I do re-weld steel under the driver seat. Since the motor was thrashed I was thinking about putting a GTV six motor under the hood. I don't think it's much bigger, probably a little taller and wider but it's definitely shorter. I know the tranny for the six is near the transaxle. Has anyone heard of this condo conversion before or my going to wing this alone. I do know that that six cylinder motor is one of the best ever made by Alfa. It does have more torque's and more horsepower. And I do believe with the twin turbo I can get up to 250 hp. I do want it to be entirely Alfa otherwise I'd be thinking about a Z 350 motor and tranny.
Have you tried a search? It's been done many times, and documented here on the BB many times.

bs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts