Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum. My parents collected alfas for a while and now it's time to let them go. (4) 1971 gtv 1750s. 2 fi, 2 carb. 2 for parts, 2 in solid not running condition. One been in the garage since 1991 with 64k original miles. Other in the barn for the same amount of time. Unsure of miles. Will have to look. Also have a gtv6 in solid not running condition and a spider shell, no drive train. Think 1990? Any who. Trying to get an idea of value. The 2 parts cars been outside for 30 yrs. Can't imagine resrtorable. I'll get pics this weekend

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It's absolutely impossible to give any kind of value without pictures. You might also post your location as people will ask.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I'm interested too depending where your located.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. We are in between Cincinnati and Dayton. Gonne get pics of the ones that have been stored inside this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
11,859 Posts
Yup, those are too far gone. Parts cars for sure.
Which isn't to say that no one will want them; just that you aren't likely to get a lot of money. The expense of trecking out to somewhere between Cincinnati and Dayton, hauling the cars out of the dirt, and devoting the time and space to parting them out won't leave a lot for buying the cars.

Presta24 said:
Any idea what there worth for parts?
Whatever someone who actually shows up and completes the deal will pay for them. You have to understand that used cars - whether they are 100 point trailer queens or mostly-rusted parts cars - are NOT commodities; they aren't like a bushel of wheat that has a well-known price. Instead, every deal is unique and depends a lot on who's in the market that day, who's in your locale, etc. etc.

So put an ad here on the BB, on your local Craigslist, Hemmings, etc. that describes what you have in detail, includes lots of photos and says "best offer accepted", and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
The question is, are there good parts still left on those cars? Bodies look shot but if the windshields are good there's some value there. Same with the dashes if they are un-cracked (unlikely). I suspect between rust and mice there's not much left there. The one that has been stored in the barn might suffer the same fate if the floor is dirt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Which isn't to say that no one will want them; just that you aren't likely to get a lot of money. The expense of trecking out to somewhere between Cincinnati and Dayton, hauling the cars out of the dirt, and devoting the time and space to parting them out won't leave a lot for buying the cars.

Whatever someone who actually shows up and completes the deal will pay for them. You have to understand that used cars - whether they are 100 point trailer queens or mostly-rusted parts cars - are NOT commodities; they aren't like a bushel of wheat that has a well-known price. Instead, every deal is unique and depends a lot on who's in the market that day, who's in your locale, etc. etc.

So put an ad here on the BB, on your local Craigslist, Hemmings, etc. that describes what you have in detail, includes lots of photos and says "best offer accepted", and see what happens.
Well said

·
Administrator
14,624 Posts
Why the heck do people park cars like that? What an utter waste, especially of the blue car.

Very sad now
Pete

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Couldn't agree more. Could be worth 10x as much if he'd just have put them in the barn
Yes, agreed. However, one must understand that back in the days that those cars were parked there by your parents, good quality drivers were probably worth under $10K. And it was even hard to find a buyer willing to pay. By the looks of it, yes, I would agree parked for 30 years or more, so (1990). I bought my running, daily driver 1972 GTV for $2,000 in 1997.
That tree beside the dark GTV probably didn't even exist or was a tiny twig 30 years ago.
How many cars of all different marques were found, and are still found sitting like that, abandoned, in a barn or farmers field!!??? "If only we all had a crystal ball"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, agreed. However, one must understand that back in the days that those cars were parked there by your parents, good quality drivers were probably worth under $10K. And it was even hard to find a buyer willing to pay. By the looks of it, yes, I would agree parked for 30 years or more, so (1990). I bought my running, daily driver 1972 GTV for $2,000 in 1997.
That tree beside the dark GTV probably didn't even exist or was a tiny twig 30 years ago.
How may cars of all different marques were found, and are still found sitting like that, abandoned, in a barn or farmers field!!??? "If only we all had a crystal ball"
Right? I used to sit in the blue one when I was a teenager and smoke in the winter. Remember that tree started growing out of a woodpile that was there.

·
Administrator
14,624 Posts
Thread moved :)

Pete

1 - 20 of 35 Posts